Tobacco alternative, which would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noblewolf

Jun 26, 2018
Doha, Qatar
So you want to steer away from tobacco? Which would you choose? Haha

Attachments

• 20180628_105520.jpg
    20180628_105520.jpg
    679.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Winner
Reactions: smacuser

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Personally, I would look into Swedish snus.
Yeah, its a no spit thing. Camel snus pouches in the frost flavor are pretty nice but i never got enough nicotine from it to do me any good. Shame too because these are very tasty....

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Yeah, its a no spit thing. Camel snus pouches in the frost flavor are pretty nice but i never got enough nicotine from it to do me any good. Shame too because these are very tasty....
    I'm in no way an expert on snus, but from what I understand, Swedish snus is processed in a way that has less carcinogens.

Plus, they are available in different strengths and flavors from mints to fruits, vanillas to whiskey.

Maybe someone can expound on that a little more.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA

score69

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 28, 2015
    Athens, GA, USA
    Chewing tobacco and dipping snuff is just all around nasty. I even tried it when i was younger. Spitting tobacco juice is gross. Spitting tobacco juice in a plastic bottle until its full is even grosser.
    Better to spit it in a bottle than to drink from the bottle by accident.

Sometimes a little too much vodka makes bad things happen. :D

• Agree
    Reactions: Asbestos4004

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    If I were to enter a situation where I couldn't smoke or vape for long periods (I may be about to) I would use either Sweedish snus or nic salt pouches (maybe with some WTA added to the pouch).

Honestly I kiss my husband all the time and did so when I was 100% vaping and he wasn't and it didn't gross me out.

To be fair, it wasn't like AN INCENTIVE, but I have always and firmly decided that I would NOT shame, avoid, or be repulsed by a loved one's smoking, because frankly, well, I was a smoker BIG TIME and none of my family (smoking or not) ever was mean to ME about it, and I was a very heavy smoker.

I think those comments, well, I love a person based on who they are, not whether they smoke or not. Etc. It's just... Not so great IMO although I do know there are those who get "sensitized" to smoking, stale or not. I just decided not to BE that person. Etc.

Anna

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Spitting tobacco juice in a plastic bottle until its full is even grosser.

One day when I was much younger, a bunch of friends of mine and I were at the beach all day. That evening on the way home we stopped at Taco Bell and one of the guys ordered a bean burrito with no onions. Well apparently the idiot inside heard "extra onions". So my friend took a big old bite of that burrito, and immediately starting making gagging noises and flailing his arms, causing the rest of us to start laughing pretty hard. Our laughing is what made it impossible for me to stop him when in a panicked rush to get that onion taste out of his mouth, he grabbed my bottle of Dr. Pepper and started chugging...only to realize that it wasn't Dr. Pepper, it was tobacco spit accumulated over the whole day at the beach. Until that day I didn't know human beings could literally turn green. I really thought he might die (pretty sure he wanted to) or at least puke. He came very close but somehow managed not to. I can guarantee you that even 20 years later he always checks his orders before biting into it and NEVER drinks from an unknown bottle.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    He came very close but somehow managed not to. I can guarantee you that even 20 years later he always checks his orders before biting into it and NEVER drinks from an unknown bottle.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why was I not present for this! LOL, I realize until time travel is achieved it's not technically possible BUT STILL.:D

The closest I ever came was picking up a soda can that had become an ashtray, in college. I was hung over. LOL, IT WAS SO AWFUL.

To this day, I exercise care when approaching an unknown beverage. I mean I swallowed a .....

But, this sounds way worse. LOL.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread