Not open for further replies.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Thank you. I will keep that flavor/juice in mind.
Hi Rin, I'm an old fart that has tried just about every TB flavor I could find be it a concentrate or vendor juice. I have also built up quite a collection of my own TB extracts. The strongest, best tasting cigarette flavor I;ve bumped into is Pure Smoke by Want2Vape. I'm sure your Dad would find it satisfying. They have a great sample pack too.

PURE "Smoke"

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I actually have made a tobacco extract out of tobacco that he rolls. He hasn't tried it yet though and I wasn't sure how much to use. That's one thing that is kinda strange. Not sure the nicotine content in an extracted tobacco and not sure if there's any way TO know.
Howdy Rin. Don't know if this will help, but just finished a extraction of Natural American Spirits organic and it is full flavor and not harsh.
Used tobacco out of 6 ciggies, small baby food jar, and just enough PG to cover. Crock pot heat low for 12 hours, let cool, and 2 coffee filter strainings. Dripped fresh extract and it was great. Did a 50/50 PG/VG mix (50% flavor), 12 mg nic (VG base) with 2% caramel (not enough or needs to steep) and 1% sucralose. Still very good.

Bman1959

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
Springfield, MO
The extraction may be a little stronger in nic strength , but since I tend to chain vape it is not increased enough to cause any ill effects.
Do find that the flavor matches pretty dang close to the actual smoke. Surprised, as this was first ever extraction and easy to do.
Good luck with your dad and your extraction may very well be the way to go.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
..... I have found flavors I like, like (...... FlavourArt Royal....) ......

I've seen you mention that before, so I just ordered 10ml to try. I like their 7 leaves pretty good too.

I don't have any ideas for your dad except the Hangsen ry1 should be worth a shot as it's certainly different and not a sweet flavor either. Good luck and I hope you find something for him. :vapor:

Edit. RTS is having a 4th sale on flavors. Use code flavor15 for 15% off.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Yeah... Didn't really wanna spend $25 lol. I went ahead and ordered from ECigExpress. Got the RY1 and Cigar by Hangsen. Both were recommended here and on the other thread. Eagerly awaiting them. However, I just tried Cowboy by FlavourArt... had it steeping for a couple days. I only mixed it at 1% and it's pretty strong for being such a small percentage. I have learned to start at 1% with these FlavourArt flavors. I'm thinking that it may be a winner for him too, but I'd have to strengthen it for him as his taste buds are fried. Lol

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I find cowboy to be repulsive and perfumey even at 1% overpowers everything else even dark vapor. To me its cowgirl perfume. I really like the hangsen premade juices I started with and basically have been trying to replicate them with flavor art. not easy.. I quit cold turkey with the hangsen Churchill. I have gotten close to it with FA Virginia 2-4% mixed with hazelnut 2-4% 2% vape wizard. add 2% dark vapor for a kick.. 3 day steep. At this point I think I'm just going to the source and buying hangsen flavorings. I had tried hangsen gold& silver and it smells like a fresh pack of camels good vape. Got it from lib flights. Not sure which concentrate it is cause I haven't found one called that. The hotel was good too.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Well, I mixed it at 1% by itself and I tried Mellow Sunset which is supposed to be very similar to Dark Vapure and HATED it. I found it repulsive. Tasted heavily metallic and acidic. Reminded me of stale chips and salsa... like when they're going rancid.
The FA Virginia does sound like something I'd like, based on it's reviews/statistics.
Will definitely have to check out the Hangsen silver/gold if the current ones I just purchased end up working out.
I find cowboy to be repulsive and perfumey even at 1% overpowers everything else even dark vapor. To me its cowgirl perfume. I really like the hangsen premade juices I started with and basically have been trying to replicate them with flavor art. not easy.. I quit cold turkey with the hangsen Churchill. I have gotten close to it with FA Virginia 2-4% mixed with hazelnut 2-4% 2% vape wizard. add 2% dark vapor for a kick.. 3 day steep. At this point I think I'm just going to the source and buying hangsen flavorings. I had tried hangsen gold& silver and it smells like a fresh pack of camels good vape. Got it from lib flights. Not sure which concentrate it is cause I haven't found one called that. The hotel was good too.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Well, I mixed it at 1% by itself and I tried Mellow Sunset which is supposed to be very similar to Dark Vapure and HATED it. I found it repulsive. Tasted heavily metallic and acidic. Reminded me of stale chips and salsa... like when they're going rancid.
The FA Virginia does sound like something I'd like, based on it's reviews/statistics.
Will definitely have to check out the Hangsen silver/gold if the current ones I just purchased end up working out.

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
We found that the "one drop per ml" (2.85/2.9%) suggestions on the Hangsen flavors thread was just too weak for us (and yep, we added a drop of ACV per 10 ml)...and we tried it in our base of 80% VG; 9% dw; 9% saline solution/.9%; 2% pga AND in a 30PG/70VG base (at 18mg nic). 1 drop per ml had virtually no flavor (to us), and that was on Cisco 306 attys. But the flavor was very analog like on the RY1. So we upped it to 3.25% and it's much better...but we think we may up it to 3.5%.

He rolls his own and uses pipe tobacco, actually. I bought him some Kentucky Select as it's supposed to be really good. I also thought the whole line was organic but it turns out it only has 1 organic flavor.
We rolled/stuffed our own for Kentucky Select Organic for years - it's fantastic (and totally chemical, additive, pesticide, flavor-free --YAY). We've got our second batch of NET filtering as I type that we made from it. We're hoping it'll give some significant depth to the Hangsen flavors (which we actually like a lot - but like all tobacco vapes, just needs a bit of something).

I tried a drop of RealCig at 2.5% and a drop of Black Fire at .5% last night in an atty and it was GREAT! (a little heavy on the hickory-smoke/Black Fire tho). The Black Fire cut right through and eliminated the cotton candy taste of the RealCig. Then I went to 2 drops of RealCig and 1 drop of Black Fire and the hickory-smoke lost it's hickory and become VERY realistic "ash", but the cotton candy snuck through). If you've got Black Fire, play around with that as an addition to the RealCig, Parliament and/or RY1. I bet you'll nail a major winner!

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
We found that the "one drop per ml" (2.85/2.9%) suggestions on the Hangsen flavors thread was just too weak for us (and yep, we added a drop of ACV per 10 ml)...and we tried it in our base of 80% VG; 9% dw; 9% saline solution/.9%; 2% pga AND in a 30PG/70VG base (at 18mg nic). 1 drop per ml had virtually no flavor (to us), and that was on Cisco 306 attys. But the flavor was very analog like on the RY1. So we upped it to 3.25% and it's much better...but we think we may up it to 3.5%.

We rolled/stuffed our own for Kentucky Select Organic for years - it's fantastic (and totally chemical, additive, pesticide, flavor-free --YAY). We've got our second batch of NET filtering as I type that we made from it. We're hoping it'll give some significant depth to the Hangsen flavors (which we actually like a lot - but like all tobacco vapes, just needs a bit of something).

I tried a drop of RealCig at 2.5% and a drop of Black Fire at .5% last night in an atty and it was GREAT! (a little heavy on the hickory-smoke/Black Fire tho). The Black Fire cut right through and eliminated the cotton candy taste of the RealCig. Then I went to 2 drops of RealCig and 1 drop of Black Fire and the hickory-smoke lost it's hickory and become VERY realistic "ash", but the cotton candy snuck through). If you've got Black Fire, play around with that as an addition to the RealCig, Parliament and/or RY1. I bet you'll nail a major winner!

I was curious on this also, everyone is doing the 1 drop to 1 mil, on most vendor sites they say 5-7%

I have my first Hangsen order arriving today- RY2, USA Mix, Desert Ship,

I cant wait to get at them

Last edited:

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
For those who like/recommended RY1 from Hangsen... what percentages do you use? I know the one person said 1 drop per 1ml. Do you all do that? If so, do you let it steep and if so, for how long is best?

You can mix two batches one at one drop per ml. Since you mentioned that your father smokes non filters try mixing another batch of Hangsen RY1 @ 4%

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Well... I have a sensitive pallet... so I can definitely taste it at 1 drop per ML but I haven't let it steep at all. I just got it yesterday. Mixed it in the afternoon, bathed it and tried it last night when I got home from work. Definitely not bad... just not very strong. Some stuff, I can vape immediately... while others need to steep... and I don't believe anyone mentioned steeping so I was just wondering if people did it. Now, I'll tell you that someone sent me a little French Pipe to try from VZ... Initially, I didn't like it. Tasted very strange... but 5 days later... Wow. I really like it.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Well... I have a sensitive pallet... so I can definitely taste it at 1 drop per ML but I haven't let it steep at all. I just got it yesterday. Mixed it in the afternoon, bathed it and tried it last night when I got home from work. Definitely not bad... just not very strong. Some stuff, I can vape immediately... while others need to steep... and I don't believe anyone mentioned steeping so I was just wondering if people did it. Now, I'll tell you that someone sent me a little French Pipe to try from VZ... Initially, I didn't like it. Tasted very strange... but 5 days later... Wow. I really like it.

The Hangsen RY1 gets stronger after a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread