Tobacco Companies are Investing in E-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Vape

Apr 26, 2017
I’ve always wondered way tobacco companies didn’t jump at the chance to invest in the e-cigarettes sector especially as tobacco smoking is constantly decreasing in popularity. Well it seems, although slow to enter the e-cigarette market they have been looking in to it for a while. British American tobacco = Vype e-cigarettes, Lorillard = BluCigs, Japan Tobacco International = E-lites, Imperial = Fontem Ventures, Philip Morris International = Altria e-cigarettes, RJ Reynolds American = Vuse.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
if you look at most of the state and federal regulations, you'll notice that "closed systems" are normally not included and quite often specifically excluded....

that's BT trying to force everyone to use their crappy cigalikes.

Who wants to Compete in a Free Market when you can have State Legislators Uneven the Playing Field for You?

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Big Tobacco is on the verge of having the Vape market handed to them on a silver platter by BG :smokie:

They simply will not tolerate smokers quitting cigarettes :glare:

Too bad for BT that most forum members aren't part of their market anymore :D

(Based on the number of posts in the threads about stocking up..)

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
if you look at most of the state and federal regulations, you'll notice that "closed systems" are normally not included and quite often specifically excluded....

that's BT trying to force everyone to use their crappy cigalikes.
I don't know if this is connected with tobacco companies but I actually see many "smoke shops" that actually carry devices and accessories that many vape shops carry. I was shocked the other day when u saw a bodaiga (corner store) selling the ego aio, but they were charging $38.99, almost half the price of the popular cost.

Reactions: petrotech

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Too bad for BT that most forum members aren't part of their market anymore :D

(Based on the number of posts in the threads about stocking up..)

BT already knows ex-smokers like myself have moved on and will not be back ... it's the smokers who have not quit they are hoping to hijack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread