Status
Not open for further replies.

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
I ranked these tobacco based flavors, which I ordered mostly from Vapor4Life (except the TAB which I ordered from Puresmoker) on my five thumb scale, since I'm all thumbs. I can't really say how these flavors would compare to the same flavors from other suppliers, but I'm interested to know what others have to say regarding their opinions in contrast to my descriptions. WHAT DO YOU THINK? I know taste, probably more than anything, is in the buds of the beholder.

Marlboro - 3 thumbs up. This is the one I started with, to me it seemed medium strength and tobacco-y flavor - it actually reminded me of Triscuits. When I say Triscuits I mean it in a negative way necessarily, but it seems wheaty, that’s just what the flavor calls to my mind. To me this is the basic plain tobacco flavor juice, and its not bad for mixing with non-tobacco flavors to get a flavored-tobacco taste.

Virginia - 5 thumbs up. This is the one that impressed me, a strong tobacco-y flavor with a sweetness to it. I'll call it "Triscuits and molasses". Very full flavor, this is the go-to tobacco flavor in my opinion.

TAB - 4 thumbs up. I'd say TAB is kind of a Marlboro with a very light sweet spice to it. In my opinion this is the slightly tastier alternative to Marlboro, earning it 4 fat thumbs.

Camel - 2 thumbs up. As in life, a little lighter flavor than the Marlboro with a little something different, maybe I'd call this one "light Triscuits and grass".

Hilton - 2 thumbs up. Strange, like a light Marlboro base but very full somehow with a little sugar and spice to it. It defies description. The only reason I rank it as low as I do is because I prefer the pure Triscuit flavor of the Marlboro over the Hilton, and if I want the sweetness I move to the Virginia. Otherwise it is a very interesting change up.

French Pipe - 2.5 thumbs up. Like the Hilton, this one is a lot different than the basic tobacco flavors - but it doesn't taste like the Hilton. It has a fun and interesting aromatic flavor, almost perfumey and with a little sweetness. I liked it alot, but I only ranked it at a 2.5 for the same reason I ranked the Hilton at a 2 - I just prefer other tobacco flavors more.

555 - 2 thumbs up. It's a bit nutty and a bit minty. To cut to the chase, relative to the other flavors I will call this one "Triscuits and mint flavored fluoride rinse" - sorry 555 lovers, but that's what it reminds me of. It is not bad, don't let the fluoride rinse description scare you away, again that is just what it calls to my mind. It is definitely unique for those looking for something different.

Kent - 2.5 thumbs up. To me this was like a 555 light with a touch of the Virginia sweetness to it. More balanced than the 555 in my opinion.

Marlboro Menthol - 4 thumbs up. Wow, what a flavor. Get your vape on and freshen your breath at the same time, this is the Binaca of the tobacco flavors I've tried. A mix of Marlboro Menthol and Marlboro regular might approach the 555 flavor, but I like the pure menthol flavor better than whatever flavors are giving me that "fluoride rinse" idea from the 555. The Mint, not reviewed separately here because it is not a tobacco flavor, is smoother for sure and maybe tastier, and maybe Mint is part of the 555 concoction, but for the record I wouldn't say Mint is really something you can compare directly to this Menthol lovers pick.

That's it. I guess I have some lightly sampled 5ml bottles of Camel, Hilton, French Pipe, 555, and Kent that I'd be willing to swap for some Virginia or Marlboro Menthol. But I haven't tried the Cigar flavors...let me know if anyone has any input as to where those might fit in against this list, let me know.

m1273c

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Texas, U.S.A.
I've only tried the Kamel flavor as of right now. "light Triscuits and grass" - hoping the grass remark is the green grass kind - is an interesting description. My experience was a faint remembrance of the analog wides/lights but the nic content was too strong in the cart I tried, so that may be influencing my dislike.
I have 555, Hilton, and Kant on order. Will respond regarding those after tasting.

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
Yeah, for the Kamel description of "light Triscuits and grass" I did mean grass as in I get a little bit of that lawn clippings taste from it.

Neither "Triscuits" or "grass" are mean to be negative connotations - just a description of what comes to my mind when trying to describe how the flavors very and which way they lean in comparison to eachother.

Eric in AK

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Alaska
I think the Marlboro 18mg pre-fills that came with my 510 kit are still my favorite "flavor".

That RY4 stuff seems to vary from one maker to the next from what I read, and the bottle I got is only gonna get vaped if I run out of everything else including the bigass bottle of VG I bought. In other words, it's low on my list.

I might try a few of those others as a treat some day soon, but not until I buy a bunch of extra atomizers. It seems that some flavors take forever to burn off and the atomizer is tainted for days when you switch flavors.*

[*All views expressed here are those of a newbie with less than 2 weeks' vaping experience.]

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
From Wet Your Stick: Best tobacco flavor -ever- I have found is Cuban Cigar. Not sweet at all. Very, very good. Tobacco is also good, milder. These two probably comes closest to an analog IMHO.

What surprised me was Vanilla. I tried a sample bottle. I don't like sweet stuff but this was good and not sweet at all, just a subtle vanilla flavor. Mixing Vanilla with Cuban Cigar or Tobacco is also wonderful. I'll be ordering a 30 ml bottle of Vanilla next order.

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
On bluesude's advice I tried the Cuban Cigar flavor, the biggest hole in my original post. Cuban Cigar absolutely comes closer to an analog than any other flavor I've tried. Keeping with my original scale (see first post, this thread) I give it 5 thumbs up and rank it at the top of the tobacco flavors right up there with the sweet-molasses-y Virginia flavor.

If you are looking for that analog tobacco flavor, Cuban seems to be the thing for sure.

Funny thing - after trying a bunch of flavors in 5ml size, and then trying to use up the ones I didn't really like, I kept actually not looking forward to vaping the flavors I didn't prefer - I just kept wanting to go back to the flavors I actually liked. But, not wanting to just waste all that juice I finally decided to blend about 35ml of Marlboro (my old stock that didn't measure up with Virginia and Cuban) with the 5ml each of other flavors I liked in varying degrees but didn't prefer; Camel, Hilton, French Pipe, Mint, and Peach. Sure the last two aren't tobacco flavors, but they aren't sufficient flavors to stand alone so they went in the mix. Maybe it was just luck but I came out with about 60ml of a decent mild and mildly tastey tobacco flavor that I'd rank at about 3.5 thumbs. Not bad. Maybe I wouldn't recommend random mixing but it saved about 60ml of juice I was pretty much ready to toss out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread