Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I noticed something new at river supply. tobacco free nicotine. This does have a hefty price tag though. But I think it should have been done long ago, at least to stabilize the costs and bring them to affordable. It could have been a valuable "bullet" used against the anti tobacco folks early on. And allowed us to step away from the pro tobacco folks too. Tobacco free nic is a good idea that showed up too late. If the price does come down, I'd consider using it but at 200+ bucks a liter, it's not happening.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
Honestly, "Tobacco free nicotine" means nothing in the grand scheme.
0mg juice is considered a tobacco product. Hardware is also considered a tobacco product.
When nic gets taxed, it won't matter what it's called or what it's derived from. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't been paying attention.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I noticed something new at river supply. Tobacco free nicotine. This does have a hefty price tag though. But I think it should have been done long ago, at least to stabilize the costs and bring them to affordable. It could have been a valuable "bullet" used against the anti tobacco folks early on. And allowed us to step away from the pro tobacco folks too. Tobacco free nic is a good idea that showed up too late. If the price does come down, I'd consider using it but at 200+ bucks a liter, it's not happening.

Tobacco Free Nicotine (TFN) has actually been around for a Long Time.

But because of it's Price, and because a FDA Deadline was always "In the Future", it never really got much Attention. Except for some Debate as to whether or Not it was a "Covered Tobacco Product" under the FSPTCA.

I'm Not sure how much Lower the Price might come down?

Because if a Court(s) ruled that TFN was a "Covered Tobacco Product", then it would fall under the FDA's Deeming Rule Set. And there would be Little Demand for it.

And if the Court(s) ruled that TFN wasn't a "Covered Tobacco Product", then the FDA would make the Strong Argument that it was a Drug. And we Wouldn't be able to counter-argue that we were using it as the "Recreational Use of Tobacco".

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Tobacco Free Nicotine (TFN) has actually been around for a Long Time.

But because of it's Price, and because a FDA Deadline was always "In the Future", it never really got much Attention. Except for some Debate as to whether or Not it was a "Covered Tobacco Product" under the FSPTCA.

I'm Not sure how much Lower the Price might come down?

Because if a Court(s) ruled that TFN was a "Covered Tobacco Product", then it would fall under the FDA's Deeming Rule Set. And there would be Little Demand for it.

And if the Court(s) ruled that TFN wasn't a "Covered Tobacco Product", then the FDA would make the Strong Argument that it was a Drug. And we Wouldn't be able to counter-argue that we were using it as the "Recreational Use of Tobacco".

ETA: I have tried Synthetic Nicotine.

And it was almost Tasteless and Odorless at Vapable mg/ml's. But Not Night n' Day to any of the High End Nicotine Bases I had at the time. More on a Par.

And the Average DIY User would Probably Not see a huge Difference in a Finished Flavored e-Liquid.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
0mg juice is considered a tobacco product. Hardware is also considered a tobacco product.
When nic gets taxed, it won't matter what it's called or what it's derived from. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't been paying attention.
That ^^^^^^^. :thumb:

And that ^^^^^^^. :thumb:

The little green folks behind the FDA curtain control the levers. :D

Meantime, I still haven't found any inside. :lol:
box.jpg

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

That's right. If...
    • nicotine free (therefore tobacco-free) 0mg juice or
    • nicotine free, tobacco-free glass/metal/plastic parts or
    • nicotine free, tobacco-free power supply units (aka a mods)
    ...are all considered "tobacco products" (and they are) in the eyes of the overlords, there's no way nicotine Tobacco-free nicotine would slide through and not be regulated as a "tobacco product". They even market it as "nicotine" therefore the FDA will say, "OK, nicotine. Nicotine for smokers = 'tobacco product', case closed, nice try".

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread