Status
Not open for further replies.

PVPuff&Stuff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Bishop, California, United States
http://news.yahoo.com/penalty-could-keep-smokers-health-overhaul-205840155.html

Millions of smokers could be priced out of health insurance because of tobacco penalties in President Barack Obama's health care law, according to experts who are just now teasing out the potential impact of a little-noted provision in the massive legislation.

The Affordable Care Act — "Obamacare" to its detractors — allows health insurers to charge smokers buying individual policies up to 50 percent higher premiums starting next Jan. 1.

For a 55-year-old smoker, the penalty could reach nearly $4,250 a year. A 60-year-old could wind up paying nearly $5,100 on top of premiums.

PVPuff&Stuff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Bishop, California, United States
Bills passed aren't even read any more. I try and stay away from politics here as much as possible. It does appear that the legislators all seem to think they know better than the people they are supposed to be serving. I didn't vote for anyone to think for me. I voted for them to listen to me.

I'd say sweep them ALL out next time around, but that would be political. Vote for every challenger in every race. At least they'll be novices and not try to screw around the first few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread