Tobeco Supertank Mini leaking with Triton Clapton coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

djl240

Aug 26, 2016
Hello, folks! Just wondering if someone could offer a possible reason for this. Just got a supertank mini for my pico and this tank is beyond superb! I'm sipping 70/30 clear fruit juices at 6mg. Started out with the stock 0.5 @ 40w and this thing is a flavor and cloud machine! I got a pack of 0.5 Aspire Triton Claptons since I've heard so many positives. Absolutely no leakage with the tobeco coil, but when I tossed in a clapton, it has been a mess. Harsh, thin, airy flavorless hits and constant leaking. Tore back down, cleaned, and checked the coil for proper assembly, reassembled and same results. Disgusted, I put back in the tobeco 0.5 and smooth glorious flavor once again with no leakage whatsoever. Here's the kicker: I put the leaky clapton coil in my melo 3 mini and it's absolutely perfect with no leaks and crazy clouds and flavor. What gives? Are the claptons simply a bad fit for the supertank mini? I find the melo 3 mini a bit restrictive airflow wise, so the airy claptons seem to be a perfect fit for the melo 3. I have another ST mini on the way since I love the first one so much. I'm thinking of just stocking up on the tobeco coils since they seem to be perfect in the supertank mini. Loving the claptons in the melo 3 though! AnY thoughts to why this is happening?

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Hello, folks! Just wondering if someone could offer a possible reason for this. Just got a supertank mini for my pico and this tank is beyond superb! I'm sipping 70/30 clear fruit juices at 6mg. Started out with the stock 0.5 @ 40w and this thing is a flavor and cloud machine! I got a pack of 0.5 Aspire Triton Claptons since I've heard so many positives. Absolutely no leakage with the tobeco coil, but when I tossed in a clapton, it has been a mess. Harsh, thin, airy flavorless hits and constant leaking. Tore back down, cleaned, and checked the coil for proper assembly, reassembled and same results. Disgusted, I put back in the tobeco 0.5 and smooth glorious flavor once again with no leakage whatsoever. Here's the kicker: I put the leaky clapton coil in my melo 3 mini and it's absolutely perfect with no leaks and crazy clouds and flavor. What gives? Are the claptons simply a bad fit for the supertank mini? I find the melo 3 mini a bit restrictive airflow wise, so the airy claptons seem to be a perfect fit for the melo 3. I have another ST mini on the way since I love the first one so much. I'm thinking of just stocking up on the tobeco coils since they seem to be perfect in the supertank mini. Loving the claptons in the melo 3 though! AnY thoughts to why this is happening?

I know the supertank mini supports aspire atlantis coils, but I'm not sure about triton. They are shaped differently a bit, and that difference could be the cause. You might want to try an atlantis coil and see if it does the same thing.

I don't have the tank, so I'm sort of guessing based on a hazy memory of reading that somewhere. Hopefully someone else will know for sure.

Reactions: djl240

djl240

Aug 26, 2016
I'm pretty confident I solved the issue for the time being. The juice I'm using seems a bit thinner than most, so that doesn't help the issue. Closing the AFC before removing the top cap and filling stopped the major leaking. It would still leak a small drop out the bottom of the coil when the delrin tip was removed, but nothing more after that. I have to say I'm terribly disappointed in the performance of the Aspire Triton Claptons. I tried one in both my STM and Melo 3 mini and they just have this tinge about them I can't quite describe. Very airy and very lack-luster flavor yet with a harshness to the vapor. When I swapped back to the tobeco coil in the STM, it was crazy. A MILLION times better. I immediately ordered 2 packs of the tobecos. It's strange, I've heard so many repeat comments of how good the tritons are in the STM. I don't get it.

Reactions: drysprocket
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread