Tobh atty and nemesis cloud chasing build

Status
Not open for further replies.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
FWIW, I've blown bigger clouds on my unregulated mods so far... but I've only had a regulated device for a week. If you're wanting clouds I'd get a MutationX or get your Tobh drilled before getting a regulated mod.

Use the Tobh. Use a chuff cap. If you're comfortable with the amperage level (please check it and make sure you are comfortable with this) do 5.5 parallel wraps of 24ga around an 1/8" drill bit (11 total wraps per coil). It should be around 0.13 ohms (a little over 30A). You'll want a TON of airflow for that build. For something less extreme do the same build with 26ga for around 0.16 ohm. That's my fallback build for mechs. Great clouds, quick heat and doesn't make the atty crazy hot. I have more airflow than the Tobh though as I use MutationX's. I personally get diminishing returns below 0.2 depending on the gauge.

Spend some time with the steam engine coil calculator. Pay attention to the heat flux and heat capacity measurements (don't forget to open another tab to calculate the wattage for an appropriate heat flux). I plug in a build and copy the link to a document so I can compare those measurements from one build to the next. Higher heat flux (300+ metric) and lower capacity (35-50) works for me. YMMV.

Look up yosh vapergate wicking and iTeo wicking as well. High wattage dry hits are NO Fn GOOD.

Please be safe. Let us know what's working for you.

Riddle743

Sep 29, 2014
FWIW, I've blown bigger clouds on my unregulated mods so far... but I've only had a regulated device for a week. If you're wanting clouds I'd get a MutationX or get your Tobh drilled before getting a regulated mod.

Use the Tobh. Use a chuff cap. If you're comfortable with the amperage level (please check it and make sure you are comfortable with this) do 5.5 parallel wraps of 24ga around an 1/8" drill bit (11 total wraps per coil). It should be around 0.13 ohms (a little over 30A). You'll want a TON of airflow for that build. For something less extreme do the same build with 26ga for around 0.16 ohm. That's my fallback build for mechs. Great clouds, quick heat and doesn't make the atty crazy hot. I have more airflow than the Tobh though as I use MutationX's. I personally get diminishing returns below 0.2 depending on the gauge.

Spend some time with the steam engine coil calculator. Pay attention to the heat flux and heat capacity measurements (don't forget to open another tab to calculate the wattage for an appropriate heat flux). I plug in a build and copy the link to a document so I can compare those measurements from one build to the next. Higher heat flux (300+ metric) and lower capacity (35-50) works for me. YMMV.

Look up yosh vapergate wicking and iTeo wicking as well. High wattage dry hits are NO Fn GOOD.

Please be safe. Let us know what's working for you.
Thanks definitely going to give it a try. how does the plume veil compare to the mutation x

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
Thanks definitely going to give it a try. how does the plume veil compare to the mutation x

I don't have a PV but people LOVE them. The MX has a lot more airflow which helps keep things cool. Plus, more airflow = bigger clouds.

Just saw the Doge X this morning. Uh oh. The Doge was the "other" cloud-iest RDA alongside the MX. Now they've bred the two. That's one sexy mutt! :D

SDMF5150

Dec 6, 2014
Allen Park, MI
For my cloud chasing, i use either a Dark Horse, a Doge, or my Mutation X v2. I pretty much run strictly parallel coils in these. The Plumeveil is pretty decent for clouds, I use mine and take the delrin insulator on the top out and inhale straight through the open cap. I find it's a bit warmer of a vape than the other 3 I listed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread