RDA Tobh atty, WHERE CAN I GET ONE??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradicio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Altadena, CA
I believe they are not being made anymore. That said, I have an authentic and several clone Tobh's....

In my experience, compared to the original:

The Tobeco clone is a bit easier when it comes to removing the top cap to drip.

The Ehpro seems to have o rings that are a bit too thick. It makes taking the top cap off more difficult. (I will point out, I have the black Ehpro, not sure about the other colors)

They all vape 100% identical to one another.

I prefer the Tobeco clone, just for the convenience.

juggalofisher88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You would do just as well getting a mutation X the v2 looks very promising. Or the competition doge. These are extremely similar to the TOBH but instead of those annoying AFC tabs, you get The more convenient sleeve style AFC. Plus the are both like under 40$ authentic.
Im thinking real hard about getting the mutX v2.
Also go to vapordna and look at their "project sub ohm" edition doge. Its crazy lol top cap has 8 fins.

sig-153231.jpg

juggalofisher88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I wasn't really interested in the mutation x, till i heard about version 2.
I like single coils most of the time so version 1 wasn't for me.
But the new one looks great, upgraded the AFC with slanted slots to keep the cyclone effect i imagine and single coil mode, and to top it off a T pos+ block.
I'm freaking sold on it and I don't even own the original, and have no idea when I could get one heck by the time I could there possibly be a version 3 out

sig-153231.jpg

wonkeypickle

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
'murrikka
i must disagree with the above post, although valid points were brought up.

the tobh is impossible to find (new or used) because it's the best. it may be difficult to learn how to build, but once it is set up the vapor production blows every atty out of the water, without adding random holes in the cap reducing the flavor to nothing. (cough mutation x / plumeveil cough).

the top cap plus a normal 510 wide bore drip tip already produced crazy vapor, but with the tobh slam cap or the chuff enuff top, vapor production simply can't be touched.

as far as looks, i realize it's a factor for most. what i can say is the tobh v2.5 looks best to me, because there are no words on it, just a symbol.

as with anything, there are downsides. The first biggest downside is obviously it cannot be purchased new. Be patient, chances are a v3 isn't too far off.

the tabs are goofy yes, but they have inspired me to do some out of the box builds that surprisingly work just as good or better than a traditional dual coil like everyone is running.

the airholes leak like a sieve. As with literally every other rda with this layout. you learn to drain the atty before you put it in your pocket, problem solved.

the orings are not fit for a tiny infant's fingers, i suppose one could view this as a positive if they have a tiny infant. they do take some wrestling with, indicative of a device that was built by a vaper, for a vaper. Not one of the 129,943,589 atomizers produced this year from the bandwagon riders trying to make a dime before the whole thing pops.

now the market is well beyond saturated, rdas have moved into the 90-120 dollar price range, and they are all just copies of themselves. I'm good.....

to op: hold out for tobh v3 or find one used. :2c:

Paradicio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Altadena, CA
I don't believe there will be a Tobh V3, from what I've heard from a few shop owners the guy that makes them is out of the game.

As to the "random holes" in the Mutation X top cap reducing the flavor to "nothing". One of the beautiful things about the Mutation X is the airflow control is FAR (FAR) superior to the Tobh. Those holes can be (easily) closed off turning the MX into a flavor machine.

VenusianSky

Verified Member
May 25, 2014
Pittsburgh
I kind of figured the guy got out of the game, if true. After making the v2.5 with #notaclone etched on the bottom and then companies cloning it anyways with #notaclone was probably the last of it for him. I got an authentic v2.5 but I don't use it much. Infinite Magma is my top rda. Just started with a Lancia clone last couple days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread