Today marks 2 full months without no analogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD_Boater

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Maryland Chesapeake Bay
I make my living analyzing things. So, why would vaping be any different? I started vaping on 11/1.
Today is day #68 of vaping for me. Exactly 8 weeks without a stinky (I smoked 5 analogs during my 1st 5 days of vaping).

I have spent $360.04 total on vaping in 2.27 months (I used 30 days as an average month). That is $158.84/mo.

In 2013, I spent $945.75 on smoking (average of $78.81/mo.), and my health insurance cost an extra $150/mo.
That works out to be $241.43/mo combined for 2013.

So far, vaping has been 2.02 times more expensive (not counting health ins.) than smoking, but I still have: 10 partial bottles of liquid, 2 VV twist batteries, an MVP2, 4 Mini Pro Tank 2s, an iClear30, 15 empty juice bottles, and one juice bottle with a needle tip to show for it.

After 2.27 months of smoking, all I would have left is yellow teeth, stinky clothes, a dirty smelly car, a dirty smelly house, 5 disgusting ashtrays full of butts, and an angry wife.

My health insurance will be $1950.00 cheaper this year, since it will be at the non-smoker rate (vaped 0mg liquid for 10 days and passed blood test). So... in 2013, smoking cost me $241.31/mo. In 2014, vaping has cost me $148.25/mo (so far). That will be an expected savings of $989.67 in 2014.

I just ordered a boatload of DIY liquid supplies, so I suspect that my monthly spending will go down over the course of the year. My monthly cost will initially go up, but then should come back down as I will not be buying as much eLiquid going forward. I'll modify this post later with the new costs including the DIY stuff once everything is in and paid for.

Maybe one day, I'll show you guys proof that global warming is a myth, and as a bonus - how excess government spending is destroying the country. But for now, I need to get to the office and make sure my employees are working hard making me money.

I hope I didn't bore ya'll :2cool:

Last edited:

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
Awesome! The 12th will be 3 months for me, but technically Saturday will be 14 weeks. I never thought it could be as easy as it has been. I still struggle now and then. Like when I'm around friends who smoke a lot or right in the same vehicle as me. It gets tempting but I know I don't ever want to touch them again and I don't ever plan to!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
Congrats! Barely over a month for me. :)

And I won't even go into how much I've spent, but I went straight to DIY, so my initial outlay was high, for me. Just saw my cc statement and about fainted. :ohmy: But it was actually only about 3 months worth of smokes for me, so not that bad, considering. But you never bought cigs months at a time, so that lump sum seems like a lot, when it isn't. Since I smoked 2+pad, it adds up.

I'm soooooo glad to be off the sticks!:banana:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
thumbsup.gif

MD_Boater

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Maryland Chesapeake Bay
Awesome! The 12th will be 3 months for me, but technically Saturday will be 14 weeks. I never thought it could be as easy as it has been. I still struggle now and then. Like when I'm around friends who smoke a lot or right in the same vehicle as me. It gets tempting but I know I don't ever want to touch them again and I don't ever plan to!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Congratulations to you, too. It gets easier by the day. My wife, who asked me to quit when I wasn't even thinking about it is still having cravings for analogs. She wanted to have one last night, so I sent her to my basement wood shop to smoke. That felt good. ;)

A friend of mine that switched to vaping almost a year ago and I bummed a stinky (red cowboy) from a friend on New Years Eve as an experiment. He was able to take 2 drags before turning green, I was only able to get a small bit of smoke in my mouth before gagging on it and exhaling it abruptly. The smoke never made it past the back of my mouth. Between the 2 of us we had smoked for almost 52 years, and we couldn't manage to take more than 3 drags off of a single stinky together. We both agree that we no longer know how to smoke and that we both really hate it. Neither one of us will never try that again. I am absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, done with cigarettes forever (Hey BT - Can you see the bird I'm flipping ya?). :laugh:

MD_Boater

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Maryland Chesapeake Bay
Just an update to some numbers. I haven't been buying juice lately, as I have been making my own. I have continued keeping track of my vaping expenses.

As of today, I have been vaping for 4.07 months. I have spent a total of $427.06 on hardware and eLiquid. That works out to $105.01 per month. Smoking cost me an average of $78.81 per month in 2013. That means that vaping has been %33 more expensive than smoking. Sort of. I still have and use all of the equipment that I have bought. Over the next couple of months, my equipment costs will be nothing (unless I can't help myself and buy stuff). That will drive the costs down month over month.

I have also been mixing my own eLiquids. I haven't bought pre made eLiquid since 1/25/14. I have spent $187 on DIY supplies and equipment. I currently have enough supplies on hand to make over 7.5 Liters of juice. At 5ml per day, that is a 4 year supply of 12mg strength eLiquid.

As the months go on, vaping should start to get stupid cheap for me.

Given how much better I feel... priceless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread