Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Well , it happened. Went in the bathroom, set my Dovpo VV by the sink. Bumped it and it fell. The mod bounced and landed in the trashcan but the battery door landed...you guessed it...in the toilet. And with a short string of creative profanities, I took the plunge. Retrieved the panel . I'm very happy it was just the panel and not the mod. Still not happy about having to stick my hand in the toilet though.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
The worst I've done is thinking I was sliding a mod in my pocket, instead I dropped it on concrete, busting the mod. For some reason I did this twice in the garage. I've learned to actually feel for the bottom of the pocket when put the mod away.

I have however had an epic phone contamination once. It was during the pandemic, I was in a public restroom. Had my wife's phone in a bag. Leaned over and the phone fell out, bounced off the nasty public toilet and slid under an adjacent urinal.

Took the case apart, washed it with soap and water. Then followed up with antibacterial wipes. I've never cleaned something with so many antibacterial wipes in my life. And that was back when someone would mug you in broad daylight for a pack of them.

The whole time there was this maskless guy wheezing next to me in this small bathroom. I thought this was going to be how I got COVID.

Never told my wife about it. I feel like some things you shouldn't tell your wife, it's better for a happy marriage.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
So how are you guys about cleaning up puke? Or ........ from a pet? Ever change a baby's diapers? Been puked on? Spent any time on a farm with critters? I've experienced all those and more.

Reaching in a toilet for a dropped item is a piece of cake. Doesn't matter what may be in the toilet, been there done that.

:D

Last edited:

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I never bring my vape device in the bathroom.Ewww gross.........:eek:
    b615c3107536d90bf1bad3a7f6c4db76.jpg

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    Eyeglasses, caught them a few times while looking-down. ;)
    Usual for me (as in happened a few times in my life) is toenail clippers, because guess where I clip the toenails every week?

No vape mods or cell phones yet, thank God. I'm really careful about electrified stuff and water contact (to protect the stuff, not worried about electrocution).

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The worst I've done is thinking I was sliding a mod in my pocket, instead I dropped it on concrete, busting the mod. For some reason I did this twice in the garage. I've learned to actually feel for the bottom of the pocket when put the mod away.

Easy solution:
    DON'T put your mod in your pocket. Buttons get pushed that way.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2019
    New York
    Easy solution:
    DON'T put your mod in your pocket. Buttons get pushed that way.

While I'd never put a mech mod in my pocket, I've put regulated mods in my pocket and walked several hours up mountains without accidentally pushing buttons. I always keep the mod alone in the pocket, not with any other items. If I ever did have concerns about auto fire I'd just lock the mod or turn it off.

I make sure not to put my mod in a pocket though if I'm doing any kind of work where there is a risk of impacting the mod or being at weird angles where it can fall out. Or if I am doing heavy exertion where you can sweat soak the mod.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    No ecigs or phones dropped in the toilet but I did drop a book once. It was a good book too and I was about 1/2 way through it. I had to wait a couple of months to replace it. I was onboard a ship in the Indian Ocean at the time. Unfortunately, we had to replace 2 phones that my wife somehow dropped in the toilet. I blame the fake pockets that are on women's slacks.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    Well, this thread got more mileage than I expected lol. Thankfully, it was just the battery cover and not the whole mod. This dovpo is a little top heavy despite the pair of 18650s. I've bumped it over on my keyboard for my work computer before and it always seemed to hit the ESC key which would close whatever app I had open.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I've been walking around with mods in my pocket that I haven't even bothered to turn off for years lol. I'll try to start turning them off when ever I do leave the house again. I do only vape regulated and I have really good hearing so if it ever did hiss (so rare) I'm on top of it.

I'll bring a vape to the bathroom but I definitely don't need to and really only did in airports or at work.

I did recently drop my cell phone into the trash can by my toilet... which you're probably thinking isn't that gross but let's just say mine is, and wet wipes aren't really flushable. Washed, disinfected case and phone multiple times and changed to my other case. Actually forgot about it until you brought this up, now I'm grossed out again.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    So how are you guys about cleaning up puke? Or ........ from a pet? Ever change a baby's diapers? Been puked on? Spent any time on a farm with critters? I've experienced all those and more.

Reaching in a toilet for a dropped item is a piece of cake. Doesn't matter what may be in the toilet, been there done that.

:D
    You need to do a rebuttal for this commercial...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread