Too many mods, too little time

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBrooks2021

Jun 9, 2021
Being a new member, looks like I can only post here for a bit so I apologize if it belongs in a forum I can’t post to yet: Ive been smoke free for like 2,200 days at this point after 30 + years (yay)! vaping has become as much of a hobby as it is to avoidance of the alternative. I rebuild factory coils, salvage 18650s from multiple sources and have built two pretty cool 10 bank 18650 battery chargers. Now for the ask I’m hoping someone can help with. I need a new mod that will give me total fire time to keep track of how much mileage is on the coils but more importantly, a specific pair of batteries (which I document) because I hate having to carry extras. My second Ravage 230 is what I have been using but is failing, the new smok I bought is cool looking but huge and that is not a feature. Sorry for the length- would appreciate suggestions if anyone can share. Thanks!

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Most mods will tell you how long a puff lasted and will track the number of puffs, but I've yet to hear of a mod that will track total firing time. Maybe someone else has. If you can get a good guesstimate on your average length of puff, then multiply that by the number of puffs, you could get a ballpark figure of total firing time. Most of us just use past experience on how long our batteries last.

After 5 posts in the new members forum, you are free to post anywhere. If you don't get an answer, try general vaping section or mods and batteries section.

Reactions: Falconeer

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Arctic Fox Firmware by NFE Team has a firing time (puff time) counter. But you can only use AF mostly on JWEI devices (Joytech, Wismec, Eleaf). There are a few odd non-JWEI devices that you can possibly install AF on, but not many and usually it involves other 3rd party software or soldering.

See the manual for a list of devices it will work on. Pretty much all JWEI.
    ArcticFox & NFE Tools complete guide

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I got tired of my local vape store not having my goto flavor so I started buying them in larger bulk on line about a year ago. What is everyone else doing with shipping not be offered to your state?

It appears you're talking about eliquids above. If that's the case, the way to not have to worry about availability of it...is to learn to DIY your own eliquids. It's not nearly as difficult as many websites make it seem to be.

Flavorings, PG, and VG should be readily available and there's no problem having them shipped to any state. Obtaining nic base is getting more difficult though, as many vendors of it have gone to selling only to other businesses. But, Nicotine Giant is still selling it, and it's very good nic base, IMO. I bought 3 Liters of the 100mg/mL several years ago and was very pleased with it. Even if you don't want to start to DIY right away...buying the nic base ASAP, that you'll need for the future would be very wise. That way you won't have to worry about having eliquids in the future.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    but I've yet to hear of a mod that will track total firing time. Maybe someone else has.
    I have a mod that's got an Evolv DNA chip in it. If I were to wander thru the menu on the small screen, I might find a 'My Stats' selection that reveals 5,853 puffs; 38,990.27 seconds of 'firing time' and 86,631mWh of power supplied by an 18650 battery. I could see a boat load of graphs that would be made up from more detailed info. FWIW, I've had the mod for close to a year and those numbers are probably the totals, I'm pretty sure I never selected any 'reset' options..

BBrooks2021

Jun 9, 2021
    It appears you're talking about eliquids above. If that's the case, the way to not have to worry about availability of it...is to learn to DIY your own eliquids. It's not nearly as difficult as many websites make it seem to be.

Flavorings, PG, and VG should be readily available and there's no problem having them shipped to any state. Obtaining nic base is getting more difficult though, as many vendors of it have gone to selling only to other businesses. But, Nicotine Giant is still selling it, and it's very good nic base, IMO. I bought 3 Liters of the 100mg/mL several years ago and was very pleased with it. Even if you don't want to start to DIY right away...buying the nic base ASAP, that you'll need for the future would be very wise. That way you won't have to worry about having eliquids in the future.

BBrooks2021

Jun 9, 2021
    Sounds like great advice to buy the nic base at least. I bought glass bottles, an electronic scale and some other items but looking at the recipes and differences in flavor vendors and discussion of side notes in the flavor, I quickly decided paying 15 bucks for 100 ml every 3 weeks or so was a better idea considering I don’t have to really buy anything else as I bought like 90 factory coils but have been rebuilding the same 15 for a number of years.
    I realize there are a number of people that can change flavors regularly but I’m old and like my anarchist pink lemonade, which I routinely have to let steep for several weeks when I buy it anyway.
    Nevertheless, I may have to try my hand at the recipes as you suggest. Thanks!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    An Evolv DNA mod and eScribe software will tell you exactly how many puffs and IIRC total firing time. eScribe provides a user with a ton of useful information.

Look-up the Evolv website and head to their forums. You will see screenshots of what eScribe presents.

Good luck

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    eScribe screenshot from Device Monitor...
    index.png

If you look along the bottom you will see the stats for Puffs (Since Reset and Total).

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I realize there are a number of people that can change flavors regularly but I’m old and like my anarchist pink lemonade, which I routinely have to let steep for several weeks when I buy it anyway.
    Nevertheless, I may have to try my hand at the recipes as you suggest. Thanks!

You're welcome.
    I just sent you a PM (private message). You can read it by going to the top right of this page....where you'll see your Inbox. You'll see a 1 in a red box there. Hover over it and a dropdown box will appear to show that you have a message from me. Click on the link there, to go read the message. :)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Reactions: Falconeer
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread