Too much nicotine/vaping makes you stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesey

Oct 24, 2012
Canada
Hello Veterans,

I am three months plus into this vaping thang and generally vape 24-28mg morning and evening and add in 14 or 8mg to a half and half mix in the afternoon. When I first started vaping exclusively I noticed a definite high (very likeable), but it soon stabilized into the fix that I always got from smoking. With analogs it was all about the fix for the last 10-15yrs or so, I hated smoking and would power smoke to get my nic level up as quickly as possible. The PV has brought the enjoyment back and I tend to linger with it. I also don't really crave it as much because it's so much more accessible. However I still hide my use of it from my kids as they thought I quit smoking years ago so frequently during family outings on weekends I have to go long periods of time between vapes and then vape like a madwoman for the minute or two that I can hide away, usually in a bathroom stall. I used to do this with analogs (outside mind you) without any issue at all, but when I do it with vaping it's like my thought processes go straight to hell for a half hour or longer. I make stupid mistakes, forget what we're talking about, I've even had (twice and the second time was today) a kind of a slur in my voice that my husband pointed out, sort of like a drunk only different. Every one of these times is when I've had a half and half mix in. I use clearomizers and both tall and short batteries (can't remember the amps).

Is that nicotine alone? As I said it never happened with real cigarettes, I could be totally buzzing from a fix I'd waited hours and hours for and this never happened. Should I just stick with the higher nic on outings?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Close to a 'medical situation' where you may want to consult a doctor... but I'd say the dizziness is a classic nicotine overdose. Take a 9 hour flight then light up a cigarette and you'll get a similar reaction. (although you'd think that you'd get that when you wake up...lol... it's different when you go 9 hours awake without nic).

Although it's your choice of course, but seriously consider telling your family your situation - that you're trying to stop smoking for you And for them - that the nicotine in ecigs is not harmful to others and not harmful in the way that tar and carbon monoxide from tobacco combustion is. That you have this reaction if you go too long without the nicotine and there may be a time when you can even decrease your nicotine consumption but it takes time and understanding of those around you.... Again - your choice... but consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread