Too much of a throat hit! Can't vape anymore... Please HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alizii

Sep 27, 2013
London, UK
Hi everyone

I'm new to vaping and just recently got my kanger evod. I ordered some tobacco flavored juice from jacvapour and king smoke but the throat hit is so bad that I can't seem to vape at all. After trying for a day I have given up because my throat is starting to hurt from all the coughing, which also kept me up most night.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or is it the high nicotine eliquid? I have the following flavours and nicotine content:

1. Desert ship from jacvapour - high nicotine
2. Swedish tobacco from king smoke (EC 24/7) - highest nicotine

do u think it's the nicotine or the eliquid or has it got something to do with the kanger Evod?

also, in London, can someone please recommend good e-juice?

thanks in advance!

EL Pistoffo

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
S. FL
I usually cant get enough of a throat hit.
I'm no expert but it appears Desert ship from jacvapour is 100% PG and 24mg of nic. That would make it very strong, harsh.
The Swedish tobacco is also 24mg nic, not sure of PG concentration.
Aside from a malfunctioning coil or PG allergy i'd say you got the e-juice to strong for your tolerances. Best to try a lower nicotine level and PG concentration.

Reactions: Vesh

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
If your battery is vv, make sure you're not turning it to higher voltage than your evod can handle. It could also be that your evod is not wicking the juice and therefore burning the silica/cotton.

I've been using 1.8 ohms coils in my evods for a while now and vape them at 3.7 volts. I also don't let the liquid go lower than 1/3 of the tank before refilling it.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Thanks everyone...
I don't a vv evod but the regular one hence restricted in terms of the voltage.. I'll switch to a 50/50 with lower than 24 nicotine so I can continue vaping... Really really want to stay off of cigs so wish me luck! :(
Thanks again everyone!!!! :D

Lowering the PG and upping the VG will smooth it out a lot.
That may make the difference without having to lower your nicotine level.
I use 24mg too, and there are some flavors I have to lower the PG on.
Also, a sore throat is common in new vapers. It lasts about a week and then goes away.
Also take slower softer drags if your throat is tender.
Do not inhale directly into your lungs.
Draw it into your mouth, hold for a few, and exhale through your nose, if you want to baby your throat.
It may work better for you to take several small puffs instead of one big one.
Nicotine from vaping is not absorbed by your lungs anyway.
The molecules are to large for the lungs to use.
The nicotine is aborbed in the lining of your mouth, throat, nasal passages, and sinus's.
That's why it takes a little longer to register satisfaction on the brain.
Hang in there , try a few variations, and it will work out.

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Lowering the PG and upping the VG will smooth it out a lot.
That may make the difference without having to lower your nicotine level.
I use 24mg too, and there are some flavors I have to lower the PG on.
Also, a sore throat is common in new vapers. It lasts about a week and then goes away.
Also take slower softer drags if your throat is tender.
Do not inhale directly into your lungs.
Draw it into your mouth, hold for a few, and exhale through your nose, if you want to baby your throat.
It may work better for you to take several small puffs instead of one big one.
Nicotine from vaping is not absorbed by your lungs anyway.
The molecules are to large for the lungs to use.
The nicotine is aborbed in the lining of your mouth, throat, nasal passages, and sinus's.
That's why it takes a little longer to register satisfaction on the brain.
Hang in there , try a few variations, and it will work out.

All of the above are good tips. It's worth keeping in mind that cigarette smoke anesthetizes your throat; as you transition from smoking to vaping, your throat will feel tender, but in reality it's healing, not getting worse.

It's also worth (re)emphasizing that your body will absorb nicotine from vapor whether you inhale to your lungs or not. If you're feeling particularly sore, just hold the vapor in your mouth for a little while before exhaling; you'll still get the nicotine you need.

For what it's worth, my throat soreness was so bad for the first week or so that I felt I had to smoke just one cigarette first thing in the morning. For the second week or so, I vaped, but didn't inhale first thing in the morning. By the third week, I didn't feel compelled to vape or smoke at all first thing in the morning, which was pretty liberating.

Even now, it takes me awhile after waking up before lung-inhaled vaping feels normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread