Too Old for flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=Georgia, serif]Now vapingfor 10 months with little problem dumping the analogs after 70 years.Initially, however, I made a broad judgment error. I assumed thatmost folks, like myself, switched to E-Cigs due health concerns,ever-rising tobacco costs, and the stigma of public smoking. Wesimply wanted something that looked, puffed and tasted like our oldanalog. How mistaken was I. My revelation was the “flavored”juices -chunky chocolate, banal banana, morpheus menthol, and aplethora of other lyrical-sounding concoctions. Replacingtraditional cigarettes or competing with Baskin & Robbins? Next,finding a simple tobacco flavor sans aftertaste was akin to ascavenger hunt. Then, along came BLOOG with RED mixture, 320 Mah batteries and their superior atomizers. VOILA! [/FONT]

Zipslack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2013
Wesson, MS, USA
Yeah, my mom (67) is like that. Got a Blu kit and was only interested in the regular and menthol carts. Keeps saying, "I just want something that tastes like what I'm used to." We'll, I have an ego/ce4 setup on order along with some dk-tab and ry4 for her. After she gets used to using a better setup with those juices, I figure she'll start considering "flavors".

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Well I turned 72 today
    jumping-smiley-015.gif

And the LAST thing I want is a vape that reminds me of the 50+ year habit that I tried so hard to kick.
    So I'm vaping "Papa Berry" in a RDA on a mechanical PV.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    USA - Arkansas
    LOL, That Chunky Chocolate got me, now I have peanut butter cookies, Lucky Charms, Mocha Frappe, chocolate almond, popcorn, espresso and, butter rum in my stash right now in addition to three tobacco based blends. If I can keep up with computers and keep mine updated and upgraded, surely I can be a bit "New fashioned" with my vaping too. :)

glowplug

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2013
    Lakewood, CO USA
    Well I turned 72 today
    jumping-smiley-015.gif

And the LAST thing I want is a vape that reminds me of the 50+ year habit that I tried so hard to kick.
    So I'm vaping "Papa Berry" in a RDA on a mechanical PV.

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear tj99959. Happy Birthday and happy vaping too!:toast:

glowplug

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2013
    Lakewood, CO USA
    I love RY4...everybody's RY4 and they are all different! I use a lot of tobacco flavors as a base then add other flavors to them. I haven't really enjoyed fruity flavors all by themselves. Now, having said that, let me tell about the mail today! I am vaping Juice Mafia's tropical tobacco at 6mg and loving it. It will surely become one of my go to evening vapes. I also ordered the mojito flavor and haven't tried it yet. Smells pretty darn good, I must say. BTW, I am 58 years of age.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    The Clock Barrens, Fillory
    After smoking for many years it took me months before I could taste anything other than menthol and mints; it's still kind of hit or miss. Every time I read a post about Raspberry Marshmallow Cupcake Yum Yum or my friend says she can taste the powered cocoa in her truffle juice, I want to scream!

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
    Apr 7, 2013
    southern california
    [FONT=Georgia, serif]Now vapingfor 10 months with little problem dumping the analogs after 70 years.Initially, however, I made a broad judgment error. I assumed thatmost folks, like myself, switched to E-Cigs due health concerns,ever-rising tobacco costs, and the stigma of public smoking. Wesimply wanted something that looked, puffed and tasted like our oldanalog. How mistaken was I. My revelation was the “flavored”juices -chunky chocolate, banal banana, morpheus menthol, and aplethora of other lyrical-sounding concoctions. Replacingtraditional cigarettes or competing with Baskin & Robbins? Next,finding a simple tobacco flavor sans aftertaste was akin to ascavenger hunt. Then, along came BLOOG with RED mixture, 320 Mah batteries and their superior atomizers. VOILA! [/FONT]
    Hi Rickett's :)
    there is a ventura vaper's meet coming up if you are interested in meeting some other vapers in the area :)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/southern-cali-vapors/439987-ventura-vapers-july-meet-up.html
    On July 25 (last Thursday of the month), I will be at our friend's restaurant around at 5:30 PM; Happy Hour runs until 7pm, so there will be discount beers and appetizers available. Might stay for dinner too...

the kitchen on A
    529 South A Street
    Oxnard, CA
    805-385-8980

I'll be hanging at the bar - if it's not obvious, just ask the bartender to point out "Henry", they all know me. If we get more than a few people to show up, we will probably move to a more private area of the restaurant.

Hope to see you there!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread