Took the plunge into the world of MODS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
Well, I just purchased a Provape 1. My first mod and I am veryyyyy excited to see how it performs. I am currently vaping on my ego passthru (1000mah) and really licking it; however, I wanted to use some of my LR attys and carto's that I just got from Ikenvape, but don't want to risk wrecking my ego with them. My ego will still give me plenty of pleasure when I use it at work, and hopefully, I will be excited to get home from work so that I can vape my NEW toy and enjoy the full 3.7v experience that I hear so much about!

Edited because tobarger made me rethink what I originally posted and realize my mistake of saying I bought the "provari" instead of the "provape 1" that I actually did...sorry all for the BIGGGG MISTAKE!

Last edited:

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
LOL...I sympathize with you and also in the same boat....you won't stop with this one. There are a bunch more you'll want.

Oh gawd...don't sayyyyyyy thatttttttt. I was hopin' to get a response something along the line of, "Don't worry, you're good to go for a VERY LONG time and won't want to own anymore pv's after the Provape 1" LMAO

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
That ProVari sure does look nice, you really did plunge.

Got Blue Foam??

ROFL....hey there tobarger! Yup, sure did take the plunge...couldn't help myself when I saw the sale on them :facepalm: Also, I did get the blue foam...it's working SOOOOO much better than that nasty poly. Thanx for asking and suggesting, or should I say insisting on it!

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
I was checking out the ProVari a couple weeks ago.
Even did some refreshing of my voltage multiplier studies from school.
Did you get the 18650 battery end cap?

No, I just got the starter kit with the AW batteries, why....please don't tell me....I HAVE TO HAVE ONE NOW....LOLLLLLL

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
No, I just got the starter kit with the AW batteries, why....please don't tell me....I HAVE TO HAVE ONE NOW....LOLLLLLL

omg, I just realized that I said I bought the Provari 1...when I actually bought the Provape 1! How embarrassing. I have edited my original post and given you credit for bringing this to my attention tobarger....thanks :)

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
You will LOVE the Provape and will be very happy with it. You did the correct thing by upgrading to the AW batts, they are definately a step up over the standard stock batts. This is a very solid MOD and performs flawlessly. It also just "feels right" in your hand when you hold it. With your LR atty's you will notice a difference with the true 3.7V output. I will warn you though------- after using this unit for a few weeks it's big brother ProVari will be enticing you to place an order. I now have both and the ProVari is incredible. I know there are many very nice mods out there but I am extremely happy with what the crew at Provape has put out. Below is a pic of the happy siblings hanging out together. Happy Vaping!!!!

PV1&PVi.jpg

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
You will LOVE the Provape and will be very happy with it. You did the correct thing by upgrading to the AW batts, they are definately a step up over the standard stock batts. This is a very solid MOD and performs flawlessly. It also just "feels right" in your hand when you hold it. With your LR atty's you will notice a difference with the true 3.7V output. I will warn you though------- after using this unit for a few weeks it's big brother ProVari will be enticing you to place an order. I now have both and the ProVari is incredible. I know there are many very nice mods out there but I am extremely happy with what the crew at Provape has put out. Below is a pic of the happy siblings hanging out together. Happy Vaping!!!!

View attachment 26049

OMG...I am SO ROFL right now! Part of my decision to buy the ProVAPE-1 was reading your posts about how great it was! And you did state that you were waiting on their new arrival...CONGRATS. I looked at that and kept going back and forth between the two and I ended up thinking to myself.."do I REALLY want to get all into the higher voltages at this stage of my vaping?" I have only been vaping for a little over a month so far. BUTTTTTTTT...*smacks self on head and repeats, NOOOOO, NOOOOOO, NOOOOOOO!!"

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
OMG...I am SO ROFL right now! Part of my decision to buy the ProVAPE-1 was reading your posts about how great it was! And you did state that you were waiting on their new arrival...CONGRATS. I looked at that and kept going back and forth between the two and I ended up thinking to myself.."do I REALLY want to get all into the higher voltages at this stage of my vaping?" I have only been vaping for a little over a month so far. BUTTTTTTTT...*smacks self on head and repeats, NOOOOO, NOOOOOO, NOOOOOOO!!"

No don't regret the purchase!!! The ProVape will serve you well! You will love it. This is an awesome MOD and I will not retire it (now I have one for both hands). To be honest I am happy I lost my MOD virginity to a 3.7V. It is much more forgiving than a variable voltage unit and has a shorter learning curve. Sure the VV can get you into many more position and go for much longer but when I was just starting out I was happy with just a few:). I have been using milestones to reward myself and the ProVari was for reaching 5 months. Look at it this way, get to know the ProVape if you like it as much as I did then you can throw his big brother in the mix for your next milestone. Then you will have your own dynamic duo! I know I would have ...... the cash away on smokes so that is how I rationalise my constant vaping purchases to my wife.

Enjoy The ProVape and PM me to tell me if my posts about the product were correct once you have had a chance to have a few dances with it

cherewine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pacific Northwest USA
No don't regret the purchase!!! The ProVape will serve you well! You will love it. This is an awesome MOD and I will not retire it (now I have one for both hands). To be honest I am happy I lost my MOD virginity to a 3.7V. It is much more forgiving than a variable voltage unit and has a shorter learning curve. Sure the VV can get you into many more position and go for much longer but when I was just starting out I was happy with just a few:). I have been using milestones to reward myself and the ProVari was for reaching 5 months. Look at it this way, get to know the ProVape if you like it as much as I did then you can throw his big brother in the mix for your next milestone. Then you will have your own dynamic duo! I know I would have ...... the cash away on smokes so that is how I rationalise my constant vaping purchases to my wife.

Enjoy The ProVape and PM me to tell me if my posts about the product were correct once you have had a chance to have a few dances with it

omg...gotta love your comparisons to sex (virginity...positions, etc) with this stuff...makes me roar laffin'!! I will surely do that (pm you) to let you know how my experience with it goes...but I will have to figger out how to do that here...another thing I am new to :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread