Tooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menville

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
Arlington,TX
Back in July I had Dentist tell me my abscessed jaw tooth could not be saved and had to come out. He also said my blood pressure was to high and could not remove the tooth. Since then I started vaping.

So, now it is November, The tooth calmed down and my blood pressure is under control. The only sensation I have is if I vape a lot the tooth feels like someone is tugging on it. I have found that by swishing a bit of Crown Royal and hold it over the tooth the tugging sensation goes away.

So since I really don't care for having tooth pulled vaping has at least put it off for a while.

Crown and vaping is the prescription for me8-o8-o8-o8-o8-o8-o8-o:D:D

Stephaniems

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
I've dealt with acouple of abscessed wisdom teeth, while crown will help kill the nerves for about 30mins or so, its not a real fix. Get it pulled as soon as you can cause it will only come back and it might be worse next time. Last time I had one the entire side of my face swelled up, and the only thing that eased the pain was taking a couple vicodin that the dentist prescribed. Also do not no matter how tempted use heat to ease the pain can make it worse and cause it to travel. (learned that the hard way)

Hope you feel better soon. Tooth pain sucks!

treelvr

Oct 23, 2009
CT
Actually, I disagree... I have 2 severely impacted wisdom teeth, however, I've been told not to have them pulled (by more than one dentist and a periodontist) because of their proximity to a nerve. It would be exceptionally easy for nerve damage to occur in their removal that could leave me with facial paralysis.

During a period of 2 yrs some 9 years ago, they continuously got absessed and painful. I had an antibiotic placed under the gums in the area, and haven't had any problems since. But other than that, smoking is really bad for the gums. When switching from smoking to vaping, the increased blood flow in gums from smoking cessation may cause more bleeding (it can initially seem as if any problem is getting worse) but that's part of the healing process. Glycerine is also really good for periodontal care.

It may not come back!

plantlvr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Northern California
Had an absessed tooth once many years ago, not fun.Hope it does 'go away' but don't be surprised if it comes back. Please go back to your dentist just for a check up. The first week I started vaping my gums bled a lot and were very swollen. I thought, 'Oh great, I have to quit vaping' but it went away after two days and no more symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread