Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
Just my opinion.

Try 60/40 and 50/50.

Just drop the nic a bit if there are struggles with still smoking.

Turn to watts down a bit.

Fresh coil.

I am guessing the base is nice and smooth with no harshness in it. I have had both pg and nic that had harshness and off tastes.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Just my opinion.

Try 60/40 and 50/50.

Just drop the nic a bit if there are struggles with still smoking.

Turn to watts down a bit.

Fresh coil.

I am guessing the base is nice and smooth with no harshness in it. I have had both pg and nic that had harshness and off tastes.
Oooh, I hadn't thought of that. My nic is fine. But, his is just tossed in his frig, not the freezer. He stocked up a couple of years ago, but never got around to re-bottling and stashing in the freezer. He just tossed it in his frig instead.

He's a very, very lazy vaper. If he weren't, he probably would never have gone back to smoking.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think it's really nice you are trying to help your brother, and unflavored may be a good idea. He may like it.

There is the possibility, however remote, that he doesn't want to vape, and is complaining about his juices. Whenever I hear the term "lazy vapor" that is what comes to mind. It's also why, as I got the husband started, I made him do everything himself, and told him I'd give him sites to pick juices after I chose some initial NETs. At the time he was like, "Whhhhy?" and I was like, "If you want to vape, you are going to have to learn how, just like everyone else." I mean, I helped, but I made HIM clean the tank, assemble it, fill it etc., as I feel there is more buy in that way. He's still dual using, but he knows how to vape, how to change a coil, etc. And he does it (just changed his first coil the other day, LOL).

I think my husband could use some more "buy in" since he's still smoking, but the best I can do is tell him it is HIS responsibility. If your brother wants "different" juice, make him "help" you in whatever fashion, even if it's over the phone, "Does X flavor sound good as part of tobacco to you, do you want to try higher VG, it may be less harsh, etc. etc."

Lazy vapers are just that. Too lazy to do the research, and it enables continued smoking. Best of luck, I understand the worry and I wish my husband will stop dual using. But there is ZERO I can do to make that happen, other than continuing to vape myself and be encouraging. Some of the hubby's days are better than others, and I remember that stage.... I don't want him to stay there forever, but ultimately, it isn't up to me. As a very determined smoker, all I can say is that *I* was butthurt enough to change to vaping, but that doesn't mean everyone is there yet.

I hope it works, Rainsong, I'm just saying don't be thoroughly surprised if it doesn't.

Anna

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I think it's really nice you are trying to help your brother, and unflavored may be a good idea. He may like it.

There is the possibility, however remote, that he doesn't want to vape, and is complaining about his juices. Whenever I hear the term "lazy vapor" that is what comes to mind. It's also why, as I got the husband started, I made him do everything himself, and told him I'd give him sites to pick juices after I chose some initial NETs. At the time he was like, "Whhhhy?" and I was like, "If you want to vape, you are going to have to learn how, just like everyone else." I mean, I helped, but I made HIM clean the tank, assemble it, fill it etc., as I feel there is more buy in that way. He's still dual using, but he knows how to vape, how to change a coil, etc. And he does it (just changed his first coil the other day, LOL).

I think my husband could use some more "buy in" since he's still smoking, but the best I can do is tell him it is HIS responsibility. If your brother wants "different" juice, make him "help" you in whatever fashion, even if it's over the phone, "Does X flavor sound good as part of tobacco to you, do you want to try higher VG, it may be less harsh, etc. etc."

Lazy vapers are just that. Too lazy to do the research, and it enables continued smoking. Best of luck, I understand the worry and I wish my husband will stop dual using. But there is ZERO I can do to make that happen, other than continuing to vape myself and be encouraging. Some of the hubby's days are better than others, and I remember that stage.... I don't want him to stay there forever, but ultimately, it isn't up to me. As a very determined smoker, all I can say is that *I* was butthurt enough to change to vaping, but that doesn't mean everyone is there yet.

I hope it works, Rainsong, I'm just saying don't be thoroughly surprised if it doesn't.

Anna
A little background on my brother.

My brother is the one that did the original research about vaping. He's the one that got me started. He's also the one that discovered ECF, which was part of his original research.

But, he's antisocial . So, he only came on ECF to research and ask questions, not to hang out. When it had been months since he had been here, he came back to ask more questions. He forgot his previous name and password so made another. ECF cancelled both his logins and acted like he had done it on purpose and was being punished.

He got all huffy and won't even look at ECF anymore. It's a shame because ECF is the only place for vaping research that he felt he could trust. So, as he runs into problems, he has nowhere to get answers anymore.

He might have eventually gotten over himself and come back anyway. He's normally very matter of fact and just wants to get things done. But, his age and health plays into it to. He's been more and more overwhelmed by life. At the back of his mind is the fact that (based on family history) he feels like he won't live much longer. And, he has good reason to feel that way.

He thinks he's going to die for other reasons before the smoking. So, his main interest in vaping is just money and the fact that he wouldn't have to always be buying cigarettes. He did vape exclusively with a 306 on an Ego battery for 5 years or so. But, that just wasn't doing it for him anymore.

He's reached his limit on this, as well as some other things. I remember the first time I reached my limit and just couldn't do some of the simplest things. It's part of being older and tireder. It's part of pushing and pushing for so long that you just can't do it anymore.

So, although it's irritating and frustrating, I understand where he's coming from. If we lived a little closer and I could just drop by here and there, . . . . .

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I know, I know. You're all looking at my signature and saying, "Hey, 730 days. That guy is having his second vapeaversary today."

Yes, it's true, but stop making such a big deal of it, will ya? :headbang:
Now, that was original!

928584azg37ws6rj.jpg

AND - He is still trying . . . :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Really wish I had a sister to help me like "You" ! ! ! :D
I love my brother very much!

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Now it's been almost a years since I found the best clearo for him (Joyetech Ego One tanks/Eggrolls).

What coils is he using in those? That might also be part of the issue. Along with adjusting the air flow...

And I agree with Corn, trying 60Pg, or even 50/50, at about the same nic % as he normally uses. Dropping that may not be conducive to completing the switch.

Maybe add some Smooth or Vape Wizard?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
What coils is he using in those? That might also be part of the issue. Along with adjusting the air flow...

And I agree with Corn, trying 60Pg, or even 50/50, at about the same nic % as he normally uses. Dropping that may not be conducive to completing the switch.

Maybe add some Smooth or Vape Wizard?
He's using the CLR's.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
I’m doing all sorts of searches for tiny mods like the iCare mini and I’m not seeing any others that are as small. Is this the only one ?(I’m not interested in something like a Blu)
I like my Council of Vapor Megavolt. With a small RTA (doggy, kompact Kayfun) on it I can palm it pretty easily, don’t know if it would be small enough for you.

wasn’t me! ;)

Jac Vapour is sending me a new device! Yay! A++ on their customer service!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Congrats, @MikeADore , two years is fantastic! I will dial it back a notch and not put a bunch of moving emogies in my congratulations!

@RainSong, that makes a lot of sense. I'm glad that your brother has you around. Have you tried nic salts on him yet? That might help with the harshness and etc., it really might. I can't stand a throat hit and DIY with them since the beginning. Most vendors will send a small sample to try for the cost of shipping, so it's something you could try fairly inexpensively, unless you've tried it already. Best of luck that you find something your brother can tolerate.

Anna

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
I know, I know. You're all looking at my signature and saying, "Hey, 730 days. That guy is having his second vapeaversary today."

Yes, it's true, but stop making such a big deal of it, will ya? :headbang:

Congratulations.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
He's using the CLR's.

But what value and material? There are several available, and, of course, they can easily be rebuilt to and with whatever you choose. Coil material could be a factor, and the ohm value certainly can. Perhaps a change there could help?

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
@stols001 I've been using the nic salts too for about 6 months, really helped with my hubbys higher nic liquids. I tried to go back to regular nic and found my 6mg was now too harsh. Which kind of stinks because I have almost 4 liters of freebase nic in the freezer.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
But what value and material? There are several available, and, of course, they can easily be rebuilt to and with whatever you choose. Coil material could be a factor, and the ohm value certainly can. Perhaps a change there could help?
He's using the 1.0 ohm CLR's, which are kanthal. He won't rebuild, although I could do it for him. But, it wouldn't matter. I would use kanthal anyway. I could rebuild to a different resistance and use rayon, I guess.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Have you tried nic salts on him yet? That might help with the harshness and etc., it really might. I can't stand a throat hit and DIY with them since the beginning. Most vendors will send a small sample to try for the cost of shipping, so it's something you could try fairly inexpensively, unless you've tried it already. Best of luck that you find something your brother can tolerate.
I was thinking about trying that. The only problem is that we both have already stocked a lifetime supply of regular nic.

I guess I could still try it though, if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread