Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
I was thinking about trying that. The only problem is that we both have already stocked a lifetime supply of regular nic.

I guess I could still try it though, if necessary.
I’d say it’s worth giving a sample sized bottle of nic salts a try. I like them quite a bit. I know it’s a pain to think of trying different nic when you have years worth in the stockpile already, I feel that pain too.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I’d say it’s worth giving a sample sized bottle of nic salts a try. I like them quite a bit. I know it’s a pain to think of trying different nic when you have years worth in the stockpile already, I feel that pain too.
Where's the best place to buy nic salts?

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
I get mine from Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers, but I know there is a bunch of suppliers. I use LNW because they are local to me. Getting ready to place another order and I’m going to inquire if I can pick it up instead, especially since my first order was lost by USPS and I need VG and would like to save on the shipping cost of that heavy item. Good customer service too, when USPS lost my first order they sent out a replacement.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I get mine from Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers, but I know there is a bunch of suppliers. I use LNW because they are local to me. Getting ready to place another order and I’m going to inquire if I can pick it up instead, especially since my first order was lost by USPS and I need VG and would like to save on the shipping cost of that heavy item. Good customer service too, when USPS lost my first order they sent out a replacement.
Wow, I thought nic salts were more expensive! The price is very reasonable.

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
He's using the 1.0 ohm CLR's, which are kanthal. He won't rebuild, although I could do it for him. But, it wouldn't matter. I would use kanthal anyway. I could rebuild to a different resistance and use rayon, I guess.

How does the new setup differ from the old setup and what was the not doing it anymore.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
How does the new setup differ from the old setup and what was the not doing it anymore.
The setup he used for years was a 306 on an Ego battery. Very good flavor, but very little vapor.

In the past few years, he's tried a Subtank, a Nautilus, an EMDCC, and I don't remember what else. The Nautilus was too finicky for him, not reliable enough vapor. The Subtank was way too much vapor. He hated the taste of the filler material in the EMDCC.

The Eggrolls with CLRs give a good reliable, decent amount of vapor. But, obviously a lot more vapor than a 306.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I use Nicotine River, I find their prices reasonable especially during big sales, sorry for the name mixups @DancingHeretik and @RainSong!

If you find yourself loving nic salts, there is a method to convert freebase into it using citric acid. I think there's a thread on it but MikePetro knows a lot about it, too, so if you find yourself preferring nic salts, you can still use your stash after converting it.

Nic River's nicsalts are great, and I like that they don't use benzoic acid to convert them, but there are lots of wholesalers with decent nic salts....

Anna

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I was thinking about trying that. The only problem is that we both have already stocked a lifetime supply of regular nic.

I guess I could still try it though, if necessary.

There's been quite a bit of discussion on how to DIY nic salts using a variety of acids, giving many of us a chance to convert some of our stockpile if we wish. I think the best practices are still being defined, but there's hope for our nic stashes!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
If you find yourself loving nic salts, there is a method to convert freebase into it using citric acid. I think there's a thread on it but MikePetro knows a lot about it, too, so if you find yourself preferring nic salts, you can still use your stash after converting it.
Does it really taste the same?
stols001 said:
Nic River's nicsalts are great, and I like that they don't use benzoic acid to convert them, but there are lots of wholesalers with decent nic salts....
What about Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers? Do they use benzoic acid?

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
What about Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers? Do they use benzoic acid?
I don’t know but they’d probably be able to tell you if you email them, if it isn’t in the info provided for the product (which I’m going to go read over again right now).

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I know, I know. You're all looking at my signature and saying, "Hey, 730 days. That guy is having his second vapeaversary today."

Yes, it's true, but stop making such a big deal of it, will ya? :headbang:
:banana: Happy Second @MikeADore :banana:

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
I know, I know. You're all looking at my signature and saying, "Hey, 730 days. That guy is having his second vapeaversary today."

Congratulations on the second vaperversary :thumbs:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I tried to go back to regular nic and found my 6mg was now too harsh. Which kind of stinks because I have almost 4 liters of freebase nic in the freezer.

You're Verified, and there's always the Classies. It's used for DIY so it's allowed on there. Would just need to ship it by FedEx or UPS Ground. :)

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM

wznog3v.jpg
mike!!!

Users who are viewing this thread