Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
I beg to differ with the site. I don't know what area this info is coming from, certainly not where I live. I don't know the accuracy of my digital thermometer, but I think it's not too far off. It's 120f here now. The humidity I can't speak for, but seems drier than what they are showing.

View attachment 752893
Quite possibly you are both right. Where is your digital sensor located?
Proper placement is in a shaded vented enclosure, 5 feet off the ground, and on a grassy area. At a distance of at least 4x the height of any obstruction, and not within 100 ft of any concrete area. You can see that most airport sensors, and likely yours, cannot meet that standard. If yours is under an eave, or on a wall, or on a patio, it will register high. Of course, if it is on your patio, it WILL accurately tell you how hot you are gonna feel out there!
To me, once it is over 110, it ceases to matter much. HOT is HOT!

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Nicest day we've had in a while. It was 58f at 7am, when I got up today.

wx_85.png
Sunny
81°F
Feels Like: 81°
Wind Chill: 81° Ceiling: NA
Heat Index: 81° Visibility: 10mi
Dew Point: 44° Wind: 8mph
Humidity: 28% Direction: 110°ESE
Pressure: 30.35" Gusts: NA
South of you, but similarly pleasant. 60 overnite, but more humid, dew point at 57, at 5:00 am. I turned A/C off and opened up, whole house fan on, and put on a blanket!

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Man, I sat down to watch an old western movie about 1-1/2 hrs. ago, the sky was clear, about 122f. When the movie was over, I looked out, and no sun. Thunder off in the distance and the temp has dropped to 100f. Talk about weird weather.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
88° F RealFeel® 97°

and we only have 60% Humidity at the moment
Love it when we can say "only" for 60% humidity… seeing as we start the day with 90+% all summer.

Just in case anyone else has run into the same combined S/H cost problem I did...when getting ready to buy some of the ProVari parts on eBay, I thought I'd let you know the problem has been fixed.

I decided to buy things from 3 of his listings, but the combined S/H was HUGE, and I knew something was wrong with it. So I clicked to "Request Revised Invoice from Seller" and wrote a note explaining the problem. He replied today, and apologized that there was a technical glitch with the combined S/H amount shown to buyers. However, eBay was able to straighten it out. So...combined, greatly discounted, S/H does work correctly now. My total S/H cost was just $4 then.

Just thought I'd pass along that info.
JC you always give us the best info…thank you.

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
I purchased a Eleaf Aster 75watt mod yesterday,it works just as well as my Picos.I bought this to accommodate my new toppers that are wider than 22mm.My only niggle with it is it's a little top heavy with toppers attached.

The weather around here is pleasant at the moment.Last week we had a weeks worth of HOT sweaty weather with the temps at ~90F with a humidex value of ~109F.The outlook for the coming week looks to be kinda nice with lots of sun and about 80F.

This sure beats the winter .... I'm one of those people that'd rather bake than freeze,the older I gets the less I tolerate the cold ... shovelling of snow ... slipping and sliding on ice ... etc.

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Man, I sat down to watch an old western movie about 1-1/2 hrs. ago, the sky was clear, about 122f. When the movie was over, I looked out, and no sun. Thunder off in the distance and the temp has dropped to 100f. Talk about weird weather.

Weird is right. I'm in Waco, TX. It's 4:10 pm and the temp. is 80F. Should be at least 100F. I'm not complaining, however.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Confession ...

These days I tend to open the Weatherbug app on my phone to look at the forecast. My own little weather station doesn't provide nearly the info that Weatherbug does.:blink: But in its defense it's a nice quick look device for temp and humidity while I'm having coffee in the AM.

Heck, Weatherbug, Weather Channel, and other apps will send you text messages that tell you when it's about to rain in your area. And, it's usually right within 10 minutes or so. They give you a listing that contains temperature, air quality, closest lightning strike, wind speed, precipitation, UV level, pollen level/types, and barometric pressure.

Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Been using the weather Wunderground app for quite a while and like it better than weatherbug because it picks up weather conditions from a weather station close to me rather than the "official" weather station for the county which is the only one Weatherbug picked up.
It makes a big difference in temps, especially in the winter because the official station is at a near-by airport so out in the open, whereas I live in a heavily forested area. During winter the temps between these two stations usually vary by 5-6 degrees.

I have a greenhouse full of orchids so 5 degrees for me means the difference between closing the greenhouse up and turning the heater on…or not.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
From Mooch's FB page:

"NEW RATING: Vapcell Gold 30A 3100mAh 20700 has changed!

I gave this an estimated 30A rating when I tested it four months ago and it was a very good performing 20700. When testing some of these for a distributor this past week I noticed that there was a distinct change in performance.

I am now rating it at 20A-25A with an unknown capacity."

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

Users who are viewing this thread