Top fill tank for Eleaf iStick tc40w

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan99

Jan 28, 2014
Durham, UK
Hi. I'm using the above mod with the original GS 3ml tank supplied with it (I also have a spare, unopened). I've been using 1.5 ohm coils for mtl at around 10w. I've been very happy with it but I'm getting fed up with the palaver of refilling it. Can anyone recommend a larger capacity top fill tank that would fit?

Thanks!

Reactions: zoiDman

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Can anyone recommend a larger capacity top fill tank that would fit?

If you wouldn't mind the tank extending only a tiny 1mm past the edge of your iStick 40W...I'd recommend the 4mL full size Zenith and/or Zlide tanks. I have some of both, but I personally love the Zenith more. It has a smooth as butter, twist-to-fill mechanism on top to reveal the oval fill hole. The Zlide has a lot of fans, too, though. Both have a super easy way to change out the drop-in coil, too. Since you've been using the 1.5ohm coil in your GS Air...you'd probably really like the 1.6ohm Z-coil for either tank. Many of us get between about 11-14 days from a coil, even with pretty flavorful eliquids. I run about 10-12mL per day through mine.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
The TPD compliant Zenith's or Zlides should fit just fine - and vape well for you!

They're only 2mL though.
Since he's been using the 3mL GS...and asked, "Can anyone recommend a larger capacity top fill tank that would fit?", I assumed he meant larger than 3mL. Maybe I misunderstood though. ;)

Can people in the UK order tanks that are larger than 2mL from elsewhere, but just not buy them at vape shops in the UK? Or...can they not import them either? If they can't...how'd he get a 3mL GS tank?

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
They're only 2mL though.
Since he's been using the 3mL GS...and asked, "Can anyone recommend a larger capacity top fill tank that would fit?", I assumed he meant larger than 3mL. Maybe I misunderstood though. ;)

They're only 2mL though.

Can people in the UK order tanks that are larger than 2mL from elsewhere, but just not buy them at vape shops in the UK? Or...can they not import them either? If they can't...how'd he get a 3mL GS tank?

De ken tae oney o' that ( I don't know) - the guy's based in Durham which we keep in County Durham which is in England which while it may no longer be in the EU is still running TDP Conditions and so on that basis I answered - my bad obviously!

Ould G's off to the Naughty Corner again ...

Last edited:
Reactions: YoursTruli

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
When TDP came in, each EU Country was allowed to "Gold Plate" the basic legislation if they wished. Some countries added further restrictons but the UK didn't. The UK allowed a grace period when old stock non compliant stuff could be sold legally in this country.

The "normal" GS sold in the UK was the slim job which I always doubted held what it said, but on the Continent, in Spain to my certain knowledge as I bought them, the iStick 40w TC was sold as a kit with a totally different shaped tank similar in appearance to a D22 Zenith, but bottom fill. According to the bumf which came with it, it was specially designed for the iStick and supposedly able to run on TC - remarkable as I could never find TC coils for it!

I did always feel that that tank held more than the normal "Slim Jim" version.

Yes you can buy oversize kit from China, if you are prepared to wait for it, work round the fact that Fasttech can't now accept readily Paypal and know how to get round that, and can be assured that you wont be paying Import VAT now.

Hope this helps ...

• Informative
Reactions: JCinFLA

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Just order you over 2ml tank from fasttech. If at checkout there is no paypal option, contact support using this link and tell them the SKU # you want to purchase and how many. Also, tell them exactly what shipping option you want and the cost for it that the cart shows.

They will create a manual order in your account and send you a link to pay for the order via paypal.

Not the greatest process, but sure beats having to buy a 2ml tank locally.

• Useful
    Reactions: 440BB

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Uncle's given you the real gen on how to work with Fasttech now Paypal has closed their account.

As an aside I've never quite grasped how folk on the other side of The Pond really can't stand 2 mil tanks - but maybe it's because I was a pipe smoker for so long and enjoyed the rituals of reaming, filling, false lighting, tamping and re-lighting as I enjoy the rituals of refilling etc to do with vaping.

Again I suppose it's to do with the fact, too, that the first good working tank I had was a Nautilus Mini which I tend to judge ohers against yet.

Still each to his own - as a tobacco blending friend of mine once said, "If everyone was the same Gerry, we'd all be smoking burley in corncob pipes1"

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    As far as I know Uncle - but I'm told it can be used so long as it's not for obvious vaping stuff; I think some folk are buying gift certs then using them - but this is what some friends who used to use it told me. It's over a year since I last used them.

Paypal seem to have a down on vaping - some of my regular suppliers have had to revert to Visa Wallet and the firm I used to buy premixed liquids in bulk from will now only take Bitcoin via Bitcoin Wallet since Paypal withdrew their accounts.

That said its business as usual through Amazon ( even for vape kit ) and with others such as The Vapourist that I've used in the last couple of weeks and 88 Vape who have an order in the post to me right now.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Uncle's given you the real gen on how to work with Fasttech now Paypal has closed their account.

PP didn't close FastTech's account. They just won't allow people to use PP to buy vaping items, the way we used to buy them. You can still pay for other things they sell though, with PP...the usual way, with no problem. But, there are a couple ways to indirectly still buy vaping stuff from them...with PP. The GC you mentioned is definitely 1 way. :) I've paid for 5 orders so far using them. It's easy-peasy!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread