The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Topside Dual Carbon Discontinued?

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Lsxtrucker, Apr 20, 2020.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Lsxtrucker

Lsxtrucker Full Member

Apr 5, 2020
    Florida, USA
    Does anyone have any information on why the Dovpo Topside Dual Carbon is no longer in production? Is there something major having to do with quality control with the Yihi chipset or was it just a limited production cycle?

Thanks

2. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    First, are you sure it was discontinued and not simply out of stock everywhere (OK that's sorta the same thing). It's not unusual for runs t be limited based on market performance and ROI. The Carbon topside used specialty materials for the casing, and of course the somewhat more expensive YiHi board. They may have simply felt the exhausted their market and wanted to move on to producing other products. It may also not have sold quite as well as the original Topside Dual. You can keep looking. Even items that are discontinued can pop up for sale on smaller vendors or even the classifieds here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Vaping has always been a "get it while you can" kind of market. Products come and go rapidly. As Eskie said above, search small vendors and the used market, maybe even post some WTB ads, if you really want one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Where are you based @Lsxtrucker? As I may be able to help you sorce one with a bit of searching online.

5. Lsxtrucker

Lsxtrucker Full Member

Apr 5, 2020
    Florida, USA
    Hmm I always though this but wasn't sure if it was true until I looked for another BTFC after mine got stolen. Good stuff and thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lsxtrucker

Lsxtrucker Full Member

Apr 5, 2020
    Florida, USA
    I am in USA but I've moved on and decided to repair my og topside dual thanks to the folks at dovpo sending me the upgraded battery door. Thanks though. I'm now saving all my pennies towards diy eliquid and the I'm super excited about it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lsxtrucker

Lsxtrucker Full Member

Apr 5, 2020
    Florida, USA
    Yeah its confirmed as a truly discontinued product. dovpo told me. That's okay though because I'm fixing my old topside with parts they sent me (when they arrive from china)

• Informative Informative x 1