Topside squonker from Dovpo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeebob

Oct 21, 2018
K.... Will do. Thanks
Your awesome! I'll try that technique later today and let everyone know the results.
Well... NO LUCK! Tried everyone's tip and another new Windows PC and never was able to get the Start button to highlight. I guess I will contact Dovpo, because it should not be this difficult and frustrating.. Uggggg

UpNorth

Sep 3, 2018
Tundra, Minnesota
Well... NO LUCK! Tried everyone's tip and another new Windows PC and never was able to get the Start button to highlight. I guess I will contact Dovpo, because it should not be this difficult and frustrating.. Uggggg
I had to use 3 cables before I found one that worked. Press and HOLD down the +- buttons while plugging in the cable. HOLD them down after you plug the cable in and you should see the start button highlight. Click Start before letting go. Mine literally took less than a second to flash onto the mod.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Wow! I got my two Dovpo Topside just two days ago. And I was amazed what a wonderful squonker these are. And huge a huge kudos to Brian and the rest of the Dovpo on a huge advancement in squonking. The machining is perfect, the board which I doubted at first until I tried it is wonderful even in TC, and of course top fill.

Today though everything made 180° turn. Shortly after my first refill on my red one, a stream of juice started running down the front side (leaking from the top of the 510). Luckily I caught it before running into something important. And I noticed that I now have to take my RDA off and clean everything every 3ml of juice before it starts running. I checked my black one which I only ran 5ml through, isn't so bad yet. I changed RDAs that runs dry on other squonkers and those does the same thing. No leaks inside so far, but I am surprised that Brian or any beta testers didn't catch this.

The machining and the board itself is still wonderful. A big kudos there. But since it is leaking, the top fill feature is now worthless. I mean if I have to remove my RDA to clean it up, all I have to do is to screw on my 510 refill bottle and fill it that way. And my paper towel budget has now doubled since I got the Dovpo Topside. And my wear and tear on my 510 threads has also doubled. :(

Last edited:

UpNorth

Sep 3, 2018
Tundra, Minnesota
Today though everything made 180° turn. Shortly after my first refill on my red one, a stream of juice started running down the front side (leaking from the top of the 510). Luckily I caught it before running into something important. :(

Just curious is it leaking from the underside of the 510 or running out of the RDA? Mine squonks really easy almost too easy and I've a few times over done it (especially when its full of juice) and flooded my rda out the air slots.

• Agree
Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Leaking out of the top of the 510. Originally I had a Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA on it which is virtually impossible to overfill. They call that tiny 2ml thing under the deck as a tank. That isn't really a tank but just a 2ml drip well. And that drip well is glass. So you know how much juice it has and when is too much or too little for that matter.

UpNorth

Sep 3, 2018
Tundra, Minnesota
Leaking out of the top of the 510. Originally I had a Vapefly Galaxies MTL RDTA on it which is virtually impossible to overfill. They call that tiny 2ml thing under the deck as a tank. That isn't really a tank but just a 2ml drip well. And that drip well is glass. So you know how much juice it has and when is too much or too little for that matter.
Bad threads on the 510? How else could that happen?

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Wow! I got my two Dovpo Topside just two days ago. And I was amazed what a wonderful squonker these are. And huge a huge kudos to Brian and the rest of the Dovpo on a huge advancement in squonking. The machining is perfect, the board which I doubted at first until I tried it is wonderful even in TC, and of course top fill.

Today though everything made 180° turn. Shortly after my first refill on my red one, a stream of juice started running down the front side (leaking from the top of the 510). Luckily I caught it before running into something important. And I noticed that I now have to take my RDA off and clean everything every 3ml of juice before it starts running. I checked my black one which I only ran 5ml through, isn't so bad yet. I changed RDAs that runs dry on other squonkers and those does the same thing. No leaks inside so far, but I am surprised that Brian or any beta testers didn't catch this.

The machining and the board itself is still wonderful. A big kudos there. But since it is leaking, the top fill feature is now worthless. I mean if I have to remove my RDA to clean it up, all I have to do is to screw on my 510 refill bottle and fill it that way. And my paper towel budget has now doubled since I got the Dovpo Topside. And my wear and tear on my 510 threads has also doubled. :(
Do you think that the juice is making it's way up through the threads of the 510 that the atty screws in with?

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Do you think that the juice is making it's way up through the threads of the 510 that the atty screws in with?
It has too. It isn't leaking out of the RDAs or any place else. I tried the o-ring on the RDA 510 and then I get no atomizer error. Tried a KP mod guard which adds 0.5mm between the bottom of the RDA to the 510 on the mod and the same, no atomizer.

UpNorth

Sep 3, 2018
Tundra, Minnesota
It has too. It isn't leaking out of the RDAs or any place else. I tried the o-ring on the RDA 510 and then I get no atomizer error. Tried a KP mod guard which adds 0.5mm between the bottom of the RDA to the 510 on the mod and the same, no atomizer.
Not to pester you but does it feel loose when you screw it into the mod? or sloppy feeling?

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I meant bad threads on the mod not the RDA....
Well it has too. But the 510 pin must create enough of a seal to stop any pressure from being released. Then the threads really doesn't matter. The threads isn't slobby or anything. And screwing really tight will make the best seal that threads can do.

Not to pester you but does it feel loose when you screw it into the mod? or sloppy feeling?
Really nice, just like everything else I have.

UpNorth

Sep 3, 2018
Tundra, Minnesota
Well it has too. But the 510 pin must create enough of a seal to stop any pressure from being released. Then the threads really doesn't matter. The threads isn't slobby or anything. And screwing really tight will make the best seal that threads can do.

Really nice, just like everything else I have.
Odd, I have been looking at mine to see where it could possibly leak from. I'm stumped!!! Hopefully they will get it replaced for you asap. Good Luck!

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I tried the o-ring on the RDA 510 and then I get no atomizer error.
You are using too big of an o ring if this happens. Mine seal by going down into the 510 hole and seal the against the inside walls of the 510, not smash the o ring between the 510 plate and bottom of the atomizer.

Have you tried a different atomizer? What vg/pg ratio is your juice? Is the atty tight to the mod when it leaks? (Sorry for the barrage of questions, just trying to get some info so I can try to help figure this out)

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I just compared the thread fitment between the Topside's 510 and an Evolv 510 that is fairly new using a SXK atty, about the same. Next compared using authentic TGT4 in Evolv 510, about the same.
I had this same leaking problem for a couple of days now, mine never leaked past the edge of the atty but instead leaked down through the delrin ring around the mod's 510 and into the battery compartment. At first I thought the mod's 510 was leaking internally but was not. I proved/solved this by placing a 5 x 1 mm silicone o-ring on the 510 of the atty. Right now I have removed it and placed a 4 x 1 o-ring inside the mod's 510, testing that now.

HappiVappi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Altamonte Springs, FL, USA
Update:
My black and red ones were swapped out yesterday. The magnets hold the cap OK now and updating works just fine now as well.

IMPORTANT: If you cannot flash your device - after the 17 finger acrobatic trick you have to perform - with a known good (!) cable -- you have no other choice then sending it back and get it replaced. (see my posts a couple of pages back)

BTW, you can change power in TC mode (fire + up button). The "power" mode is VW. In general the device reads the resistance a bit on the low end, which of course means in TC mode the vape is cooler than expected.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread