Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
As there is the coming dual cell Topside too just around the corner.

There's also another dual one coming out later in the year with a YiHi board, according to Brian of TVC. No details as of yet as to which YiHi board will be in it, but that's the one that has my interest.

xtrasyn

Mar 13, 2018
DXB
That is all we need now. A Topside with a joystick and a fidget spinner! :facepalm:

The T-Class was a huge disaster for them and I assume they figured out why. :)

As for the joystick, it has always worked well for me and I have had no issues with it.

Although I admit I’m a huger fan of the dna250c, if they have to go yihi, then please use the sx550x series board. :)

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I would guess that about 90% hate that joystick. Works best with tiny Chinese fingers. It doesn't make sense on a mod to me. Sure put it on a game machine or something. Ever used a joystick on a computer? I have and it is horrible. A mod is more like a tiny computer and not like a game machine.

And what's worse. They change the meaning of the directions of the joystick depending on where you are. Sometimes up means adjust the brightness and sometimes it doesn't. Moving left means simple mode and sometimes it doesn't. It's like using a keyboard where the keyboard layout keeps changing. If you love being tortured, then the joystick is made just for you. Of course for others will just get you frustrated. But that is why they added the fidget spinner. :lol:

xtrasyn

Mar 13, 2018
DXB
I would guess that about 90% hate that joystick. Works best with tiny Chinese fingers. It doesn't make sense on a mod to me. Sure put it on a game machine or something. Ever used a joystick on a computer? I have and it is horrible. A mod is more like a tiny computer and not like a game machine.

And what's worse. They change the meaning of the directions of the joystick depending on where you are. Sometimes up means adjust the brightness and sometimes it doesn't. Moving left means simple mode and sometimes it doesn't. It's like using a keyboard where the keyboard layout keeps changing. If you love being tortured, then the joystick is made just for you. Of course for others will just get you frustrated. But that is why they added the fidget spinner. :lol:

To each their own I guess. I have no issues with it. Not in any of their chip incarnations.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I need to see this joystick+ fidget spinner+ squonk mod! Now!

No, really ... NOW!

Don't Care How I Want It Now.jpg

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia

In the past, I would have agreed with your assessment of a joystick controller. I had one on a laptop years ago and despised it.

I avoided them on mods, but the Innokin Proton changed my mind about the usefulness of a joystick. I’ve picked up a couple of joystick mods since then, with the most recent being the Vsticking with the YiHi SX530 board. I would be a very happy camper should the YiHi Topside have a joystick.

• Creative
Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Well I have a YiHi SXmini SL Class SX485J. The machining is just horrible. I've seen 15 buck tube mods with being stamped out looking far better. The firmware (latest is v1.173) is still buggy. TC vaping still uses PWM. And using that joystick is just horrible. I can use a 3 button mod menu system with one hand with ease even on the move. But the slightest degree off of 90° on that joystick and it will register something else. Most people will be hugely disappointed. That same mod now lives up on the shelf facing the corner of shame. :(

Now I also have two Pioneer4You mods and one has a YiHi SX220 (22W) and the other a SX300 (30W). They use tilt sensors to move around and adjust. I still like push buttons better, but those are much better than a joystick. And the machining on those mods are top notch. But they were sold about 4 years ago. Oddly enough even those has a bug. Fire passed 10 seconds and the display never turns off.

• Informative
Reactions: dwcraig1

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Looking at the ultem insulator around the 510, is anybody seeing juice "staining" under the insulator?
    I believe it's from surface juice that has just creeped around the insulator, turning it darker in spots.
    Not having any issues with internal leaks, but just wondered if this is normal, and if others see the same thing.
    Thinking maybe I should open it up and check...

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    it take two hand to clap, btw he have some point but i don't think he is friendly either.
    It is hard for me to judge, since his voice makes him sound that way. But the way he told his side of the story, he sounded friendly enough to me. And Dovpo isn't known for great customer service either. In fact, I never heard of a case were anybody got anywhere with them. Nor are they known for making reliable products either. They may go down in history as making a one hit wonder. :unsure:

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
    Jan 12, 2018
    It is hard for me to judge, since his voice makes him sound that way. But the way he told his side of the story, he sounded friendly enough to me. And Dovpo isn't known for great customer service either. In fact, I never heard of a case were anybody got anywhere with them. Nor are they known for making reliable products either. They may go down in history as making a one hit wonder. :unsure:
    at least follow their instruction, return what they request (some engineering come Customer services) don't understand how to deal and talk those word customer like to hear.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Bills the only person I’ve ever met that can’t figure out that joystick.
    Oh I can figure out a joystick, smart ...! Ever used a joystick instead of a keyboard to type characters? Yeah, a joystick on a mod makes about the same amount of sense. See any other manufacture besides Yihi thinking joysticks on mods are a good idea? Or how about adding fidget spinners on their mods?

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    at least follow their instruction, return what they request (some engineering come Customer services) don't understand how to deal and talk those word customer like to hear.
    Really? Is Dovpo really that incompetent to test the mod and verify everything is working properly with the exception they couldn't test the bottle the user had? Is this what you are trying to say?

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
    Jan 12, 2018
    Really? Is Dovpo really that incompetent to test the mod and verify everything is working properly with the exception they couldn't test the bottle the user had? Is this what you are trying to say?
    engineer always have different point of view, they might create excellence product but reject by end user, they don't see end user point.
    Every company have their own SOP (just like LAW/ACT), you can't expect it suit everyone mind set.
    verify is QC, not product solving Engineer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread