Status
Not open for further replies.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I see what is going on at Dovpo. Even if you do exactly what they requested, including dotting your i's and crossing your t's, I bet they will find some other excuse to not to honor their warranty. Like when you opened the fill cap to fill the bottle, you released the Chinese factory air. Thus you are disqualified since it wasn't returned exactly the way you received it.

So how many successful user returned mods to Dovpo that were actually repaired in 2018? Let me guess, ZERO! Gee ain't their company great? Zero mods repaired under warrantee. That must mean they have a very reliable product, right? :lol:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
:yawn:
08drama-queens-wood-signs.jpg

:2c:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Honestly, I would bet that Element Vape would have sent him a new device without him having to even return the first one. Especially since he was sent the mod to review it.

Not saying that Dovpo shouldn't have treated him better, but since it was basically sent to him free of charge to review, perhaps Dovpo felt the vendor should deal with it.

Could Dovpo have handled it better? Yes, of course. However, most likely, he could have gotten it replaced by Element Vape without having to purchase another one.

Personally, I would always go to the vendor first for something like this (a recent purchase) before trying to get warranty service.

Just my two cents. Not saying Dovpo shouldn't have been more helpful.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Name one e-cigarette company based in China, that actually honors their warranty, Spydro?

A couple of China companies have had stellar CS, and they shipped with very fast shipping that was included. It's been way too far back now to remember who they were though without digging back thru my purchase files.

I have not done business direct with China based companies very much. In part because with most that I did their customer service leaves everything to desire, lies/misrepresentations were all too common, and in part because I prefer to buy authentic gear with all the bells and whistles included and not cloned knockoffs. My last experience with China was the worst yet, and that makes it my LAST order direct from there. I got nothing that I paid for after confirming with them what they in fact were before I bought (the confirmations were also all lies). So I ended up with just junk that is only fit to make the trip to the bottom of Rattlesnake Gulch.

rattlesnake-gulch.jpg

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
Just me two cents, I have 3 Topsiders but one had a defective refill cap. Sent email to Dovpo and sent picture as requested. They stated they would send replacement cap....that was over 1 month ago. Decent mod and actually like their product but poor customer service and will probably never order again. Too many good mods out there!

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Near 3 months in with my Topsides in use daily/nightly I still have had no issues at all, nor have I bothered with the firmware upgrades in any of them. So I've already got my moneys worth out of the three of them even if they do eventually fail. However, the Topside Dual video @BillW50 posted didn't win me over on them (I'll add 'so far' to leave a small crack open). The inconsistent QC and CS is a con, and I'm already juggling 20+ mods day and night strategically placed at the places I normally vape at home, with maybe about half of them seeing the most use. The other 80-85 mods and their endless atty's are out of sight, out of mind and out of service. So I don't really have a valid need for any of these Dual's, or for any other mods for that matter.

So the only possible pending gear right now is I might get more Profile Mesh RDA's (have 6) because I really do like the combo of one that I put on a Rep P67 (and have 4 more Reo P67's to put them on). While I have been mostly enjoying the regulated squonk gear for well over a year, once a mech squonker (since Aug 2014) always a mech squonker I guess. :)

djensen9367

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2012
oregon
I have to agree on Dovpo Customer Service,I have 3 topsides,one is leaking into the battery compartment. Dovpo requested to see the authnticity stamp,picture of mod and proof of purchase, i sent all three items (this took over a week as they only respond every 2 or 3 days), as one poster said "they will find a reason to deny claim". Well after wasting my time they said go to the vendor and they will help me, she could have said that without requesting all of the other items initially. Totally wasted my time. I feel that they made it,they should fix it without bothering the original vendor. I will update this after I see if it gets replaced or not.

Update: Just got email from dovpo, they will send me a new topside. they just requested my address and telephone
Update: Dovpo has been extremely helpful and my new topside is on the way, the owner contacted me about a video call so they can figure out what is going on so they can avoid the leaking in the future-I am very satisfied with my treatment and that was with China-do not be afraid to get one, my other two have been working well and I just got 2 topside duals that are killer also.

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have 4 Topsides myself. 2 of them I never used yet and then I quit using them when I started to get an awful smell from the bottles that I haven't gotten out. So I retired all of them. :(

Oh no!!! :cry: That'll never do.

baa.jpg

Have never noticed a strange odor in any of my three Topsides. They've had joose in them 24/7 since approximately early/mid October. Each of them have had the same joose that's dedicated to each of them all that time. Two of them have strong joose in them, but they have not stained/discolored.

No sure what grade of soft silicon they are, so no idea if they are dishwasher safe. But I did wash mine by hand in hot, soapy water, and put them in boiling water to rinse them for a minute or two without allowing them to touch the hot pan. They've never been washed that way again since, I just rinse them out under hot tap water now and then before refilling them. Might be worth a try?

• Useful
Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Have never noticed a strange odor in any of my three Topsides. They've had joose in them 24/7 since approximately early/mid October. Each of them have had the same joose that's dedicated to each of them all that time. Two of them have strong joose in them, but they have not stained/discolored.
But I did wash mine by hand in hot, soapy water, and put them in boiling water to rinse them for a minute or two without allowing them to touch the hot pan. They've never been washed that way again since, I just rinse them out under hot tap water now and then before refilling them. Might be worth a try?
Done! Still sinks. I think I am just sensitive to it. If you fill them with juice, you probably won't notice. Just when you empty them and clean them. Then I notice the taste in my juice. I am leaning on the believe that the only thing safe for juices is glass. And to have a glass bottle in a squonker, you usually need a pump.

• Informative
Reactions: Spydro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread