Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have another problem. The 510 appears to be a bit deeper than it should be. Two of my Nuppins don’t make contact at all. Is there a way to lift it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know the answer to that as I've never taken any of my Topsides apart (my 3 have never had any issues of any kind in the 6 months plus I've had them). Seems like I remember that some of the other folks who have posted here have though. Maybe one of them will chime in if they stop in again.

My 8 Nuppin's have been in storage for at least a couple of years, so I can't easily look at one. IIRC their 510 squonk pin is slotted. I never had a need to try, but maybe they can be adjusted?

Luck.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have another problem. The 510 appears to be a bit deeper than it should be. Two of my Nuppins don’t make contact at all. Is there a way to lift it up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instead of trying to Raise the center post on the Mod's 510 connector, have you tried putting an O-Ring under the RDA's BF Pin so it Stick Out more?

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
So,how is everyone getting on with there topside? Mine is still going strong. The only problem I have is having to nip up the screws that hold the hinge in place each time I have to change and charge battery.
Can't speak to longevity, as I've had mine about a month, but ever since tightening down the door screws, it's been great. No loosening back up. My TC gets a little sluggish at times, but blasting the coil in watt mode seems to clear that up.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Can't speak to longevity, as I've had mine about a month, but ever since tightening down the door screws, it's been great. No loosening back up. My TC gets a little sluggish at times, but blasting the coil in watt mode seems to clear that up.
Mine works really well in TC mode I might have got lucky.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Mines working well most of the time, just gets throttled a little to easily at times. What wire/mode are you using?
316L SS 26 gauge. While we can't dial in TCR on this device I just bump the wattage boost to a satisfying vape and leave it.

Mine has not throttled at all yet. It is still a little less in TC then my DNA devices and my smok alien 220 which hit TC pretty exact .

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
316L SS 26 gauge. While we can't dial in TCR on this device I just bump the wattage boost to a satisfying vape and leave it.

Mine has not throttled at all yet. It is still a little less in TC then my DNA devices and my smok alien 220 which hit TC pretty exact .

The round wire could be the difference. I find a TCR of 92 is almost identical to the tc-ss setting. It's not so much an over throttling as it is a misread of resistance. If I flip to watt mode when I get the problem, my 0.45 ohm coil reads at 0.6-0.7 or so. Other than that, it's as good as I'd expect linear TC to function, which is to say, infinity better than the stock firmware on my RX2, but no where near the Arctic fox firmware. I'd love to see that ported.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
The round wire could be the difference. I find a TCR of 92 is almost identical to the tc-ss setting. It's not so much an over throttling as it is a misread of resistance. If I flip to watt mode when I get the problem, my 0.45 ohm coil reads at 0.6-0.7 or so. Other than that, it's as good as I'd expect linear TC to function, which is to say, infinity better than the stock firmware on my RX2, but no where near the Arctic fox firmware. I'd love to see that ported.
I do agree Arctic Fox on this device would be very nice. I was kind of hoping Dovpo would release some TC FW updates but I guess that's too much of a stretch ??
EDIT: I generally keep my TCR at .0096 for SS that is what I always suggest to those having problems in TCR with TC.

Last edited:

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
I do agree Arctic Fox on this device would be very nice. I was kind of hoping Dovpo would release some TC FW updates but I guess that's too much of a stretch ??
EDIT: I generally keep my TCR at .0096 for SS that is what I always suggest to those having problems in TCR with TC.
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go. As for updates, I'd imagine we might get one more, maybe a stealth mode or something else minor. I see them keeping to the KISS principle with the OG topside, and the YiHi getting all the frills. Which I both like and dislike. Simple is great, but an Android like easy and pro mode would be stellar. With things like AF, it's obvious these chips are capable of so much more than what manufacturers let on, and the latest wd-420-bamf chipset isn't needed for high class vaping.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go. As for updates, I'd imagine we might get one more, maybe a stealth mode or something else minor. I see them keeping to the KISS principle with the OG topside, and the YiHi getting all the frills. Which I both like and dislike. Simple is great, but an Android like easy and pro mode would be stellar. With things like AF, it's obvious these chips are capable of so much more than what manufacturers let on, and the latest wd-420-bamf chipset isn't needed for high class vaping.
Yeah I am looking at the new carbon too but only if they fix the battery door. Having to tighten those screws on my topside all the time I might just stay with that.

I would love to see a slide out door plate for that. At least we would not have to worry about losing one of those small screws if we forget about it a couple times ??

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Yeah I am looking at the new carbon too but only if they fix the battery door. Having to tighten those screws on my topside all the time I might just stay with that.

I would love to see a slide out door plate for that. At least we would not have to worry about losing one of those small screws if we forget about it a couple times ??

I had luck with my door, only 1.25 turns loose on one screw, after a few weeks of use, and no loosening since. My thoughts are that the looser it got before tightening, the more wear on the threads. It really isn't the greatest design for a closure, as I feel with the fill port as well. I could see not using a rivet for replacibility of a broken door, but then why make the door out of plastic in the first place. It almost screams aftermarket upgrade, but for such a niche, why bother. I am considering the carbon, but I think I'd rather spend the money on a Kickstarter for aF support, as I'm invested in 2x700 batteries, and only see a 200w carbon, if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: t8kiteasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread