Toque News Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunset

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Hi All, I know a few of you have already read this at snuffhouse.org. Since, I'm not a member there, just a lurker I thought I'd repost the link here. And in case, some of you didn't see it.

JournalLive - News - Today's News - Roderick Lawrie leads resurgence of snuff in North East

I enjoyed it, good article and always nice to see a picture of someone 'behind the scenes'.

My favorite Toque is Violet - I know I've talked about it before, but to me it's sooo unique and I haven't found anyone else that has anything similar. I use daily throughout the day. Even last night I got craving the Violet and had to get up from watching TV and get some. It may not be likable to everyone, but it's hit me.

Cheese and Bacon - what a neat one, too. Now it seems when I get hungry, this is the one I reach for. Pretty good.

There's more Toque I like, but these two stand out as really unique to me.;)

Anyway, I enjoyed the article and thought it could have it's own thread for those who might have missed it.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Hi All, I know a few of you have already read this at snuffhouse.org. Since, I'm not a member there, just a lurker I thought I'd repost the link here. And in case, some of you didn't see it.

JournalLive - News - Today's News - Roderick Lawrie leads resurgence of snuff in North East

I enjoyed it, good article and always nice to see a picture of someone 'behind the scenes'.

My favorite Toque is Violet - I know I've talked about it before, but to me it's sooo unique and I haven't found anyone else that has anything similar. I use daily throughout the day. Even last night I got craving the Violet and had to get up from watching TV and get some. It may not be likable to everyone, but it's hit me.

Cheese and Bacon - what a neat one, too. Now it seems when I get hungry, this is the one I reach for. Pretty good.

There's more Toque I like, but these two stand out as really unique to me.;)

Anyway, I enjoyed the article and thought it could have it's own thread for those who might have missed it.
Thanks Sunset....I don't get over to snuffhouse that often...and I missed this! I had Roderick pegged as a much younger fellow! There are still one or two Toques that I enjoy using!

:)The Wiz!

sunset

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Just rereading...one thing the article should have stated that I always like to hear from
Roderick is that his product were 100% natural - he refused to use synthetic flavourings or any artificial ingredients. I'm not sure that is true of other companies.

Sometimes I've wondered if this is the reason some of the smells don't last that long, but I'd rather have 100% natural any time.. Oh 'smell lasting', except with the Violet, up to an almost an hour later I can still smell it.:D

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Sometimes I've wondered if this is the reason some of the smells don't last that long, but I'd rather have 100% natural any time.. Oh 'smell lasting', except with the Violet, up to an almost an hour later I can still smell it.:D

That's been cited as a probable reason sunset, the natural scent sources that is.

The only Toque I've used that really had a lasting quality is the Absinthe.
Wow.
Once that one is in the shnoz it's there to stay!

sunset

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
That's been cited as a probable reason sunset, the natural scent sources that is.

The only Toque I've used that really had a lasting quality is the Absinthe.
Wow.
Once that one is in the shnoz it's there to stay!

Oh, you're right! I got craving licorice last night, too, and couldn't find mine....
Found it, now I'm ready for those cravings.

Am I the only one that is starting to have cravings for certain scents over just picking and enjoying one...this is getting a little weird, but it's happening off and on now that I think about it - like eating. :D

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
If you study aromatherapy, even a quick study, you'll see that different scents impact different emotions or conditions. You choose a scent/aroma for the state you're in or desire. Relaxation. Alertness. Stess relief. Happiness. Lots of folks follow this little practice.

There's no reason to think our love of scented snuffs is different. Our bodies tell us to sniff some Violet (Jasmine in my case) and we do, and relieve a sneaky little craving we had.

I do love flavored snuffs -- and haven't liked even one that was "just tobacco". Like you, I reach for one of my many bullets based solely on what fragrance I want at the time.

Jeremy386

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
San Jose, CA
A NHS North of Tyne spokesman said: “Although snuff does not contain any carbon monoxide or tar it is carcinogenic meaning it causes cancer.

Does it really?? I was under the impression that it was the burning of the Tobacco, and the crap added to the cigarettes that made it carcinogenic. Was I mistaken in thinking that?

-Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread