Tornado coil build - sculpting wicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
I saw on YT that some people call this a Tornado coil. I made it using a small ball point pen to get the cone shape.

Using 26g SS, and I totally didn't count the wraps, LOL.

Came in at .53 ohms.

This deck has three holes right below the coil. The holes go large to small going from left to right. So I put the big part of the coil over the big hole.

Then I wicked it so that air can only go over the coil.

Works nice!

I am learning that sculpting wicks adds a lot of flavor by controlling the air flow.
8219749981fa70776ebac4505cc6eabe.jpg
2819478a3d1ba04c4809e51f1331be4a.jpg
2a02c5a701484f1443172ec57ea18c6b.jpg

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
You are quite creative KT. Beautiful glow. Enjoying watching you stretch your wings.
Thank you!

All of this new stuff I am learning is totally interesting and fun to experiment with.

I just mixed e-juice for the very first time tonight, for example. I felt like a kid with a new laboratory set!

RY4 / rum - and a tiny bit of clove. My room looks like the inside of a Bob Marley concert! Tons of vapor. I'm in the middle of all of that vapor with a big smile on my face.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thank you!

All of this new stuff I am learning is totally interesting and fun to experiment with.

I just mixed e-juice for the very first time tonight, for example. I felt like a kid with a new laboratory set!

RY4 / rum - and a tiny bit of clove. My room looks like the inside of a Bob Marley concert! Tons of vapor. I'm in the middle of all of that vapor with a big smile on my face.

My diy adventure is going a bit slower. Mixes are vapable, haven't found my groove just yet. Getting there.

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
My diy adventure is going a bit slower. Mixes are vapable, haven't found my groove just yet. Getting there.
I'm still experimenting too. Made several mixes yesterday that tasted bland. Just switched to mixing by weight and using rayon today.

I also used an online e-juice calculator that lets me know how much percentage other people are using for a given flavoring brand.

Those small changes appear to be helpful.

f7c7e06c6c83a856c01d27ad2d5789be.jpg

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I've got a Mandarin Honeysuckle that has been steeping since the first, put it in the Zeus and it is coming along nicely. Needs a bit of a punch tho, thinking a few drops of kiwi or lime. Also needs another orange to compliment the mandarin. ELR has some good snv, shake and vape recipes.

-KT-

Oct 12, 2017
I've got a Mandarin Honeysuckle that has been steeping since the first, put it in the Zeus and it is coming along nicely. Needs a bit of a punch tho, thinking a few drops of kiwi or lime. Also needs another orange to compliment the mandarin. ELR has some good snv, shake and vape recipes.
Cool!

Yes, ELR is where I go too. I'll check out those recipies. BTW, have you tried adding a drop or two of lemon juice in your mixes?

I read somewhere that it can make certain flavors pop out more.

LOL, I just mixed rum (flavor), brandy (flavor) and Indian tobacco (5/5/3). Even tonight, it tastes kind of like the exhale when you are drinking brandy and smoking American tobacco.

I don't drink or smoke anymore. This is the closest I get. If I added up the money I spent on booze, and tobacco, and "other things" (back in the 1980's) - I could buy a house.

I'm just happy to have survived. And to be here on this forum and e-meet people like you.

[emoji3]

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Cool!

Yes, ELR is where I go too. I'll check out those recipies. BTW, have you tried adding a drop or two of lemon juice in your mixes?

I read somewhere that it can make certain flavors pop out more.

LOL, I just mixed rum (flavor), brandy (flavor) and Indian tobacco (5/5/3). Even tonight, it tastes kind of like the exhale when you are drinking brandy and smoking American tobacco.

I don't drink or smoke anymore. This is the closest I get. If I added up the money I spent on booze, and tobacco, and "other things" (back in the 1980's) - I could buy a house.

I'm just happy to have survived. And to be here on this forum and e-meet people like you.

[emoji3]

I have very fond memories of my mispent youth. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread