Tornado w/ adapter and 510 charger blinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pure_Khaos

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Corona, CA
Hey, how is everyone? Im fairly new here, lurked for a long time but just started posting. I started vaping and quit analogs that day, and ended up going back when too many atomizers died on me. Now Im back vaping with some resolve!

Heres my "issue". I purchased two used 510 tornado/ego batts from someone I found locally, and bought an adapter for my 510 charger so I could use that for my tornado batts. I know its charging them, because one was completely dead and the button wouldnt light, and now it does, However its been charging for 6 hours or so and the light on the charger is still red. I have noticed that about once every seconds or so it will blink green. I googled it and saw some others with the issue with no resolution, nor did they say they were using an adapter. anyone else have this issue or know if its normal? Im not sure if the blinking is normal or if I have an issue. I know the charger works as I use it with my titan batts. Thanks a ton everyone

andyl66

Jun 19, 2009
It all sounds normal to me :) Sometimes it can take absolutely ages for the battery to recharge, and the 510 charger does stay red with the occassional green blink. I think it's how the lithium is charged up, once it is charged and the light goes red you'll notice that it will still blink red every so often too.

Just leave it to charge, once the batt is dead it'll go green almost immediately and will not hold charge.

andyl66

Jun 19, 2009
Also - if you need the battery now to vape on you can take it off before its fully charged. The tornado batts don't have any memory, so partial charges wont hurt it at all. In fact to prolong the life of lithium most websites recommend partial charges rather than full charges. So if it's been charging for 6 hours, just take it off, vape away with it, and stick it back on again between vapes - this is how lithium prefers to be treated :)

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hey,
If you use the adaptor for the Tornado / eGo for a reg 510 charger the light should be red @ the begining. As the device charges up, the led light blinks between red (solid) and green (blinking). When the device is fully charged up, the led light should be GREEN...
Unfortunately, if you use the reg 510 charger it will take between 6 to 8 hrs depending on the output mah of the charger.
I suggest to splurge and get the Rapid charger for the eGo / Tornado as this will charge between 1 1/2 hrs to 2 hrs and the led light will be red if the battery needs any type of charge and will blink green while charging. When the led light is a solid GREEN then your battery is fully charged up.
If you leave the battery on longer than 2 hrs on the rapid charger this will NOT hurt the battery.
I usually leave my battery on the charger until I need to use it (when the other needs to be charged).
The only way to know if the battery is dead after putting on the charger, is when after so long, that the red led doesn't switch to green. Either the battery is no good anymore or the charger is no good.
Hope this helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread