Not open for further replies.

Happy Jack

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

Calaban

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Newmarket, NH USA
Congrats on giving up the analogs Jacksid!

That article is on par with many others I have read recently....maybe slightly better.

"It's like smoking with a condom on". Duh. I wonder how long it took that guy to come up with that little bit of comedic gold.

Some brands come with a variety of flavoured nicotine, such as tobacco, mint, vanilla or fruit.

"That's to appeal to children," says Roberta Ferrence, executive director of the Ontario tobacco Research Unit.

GRRRR......:mad:

That is SO annoying....especially because it seem like most adults prefer the fruity/candy flavored ones after vaping for a bit. I seriously doubt the makers of these things were thinking about trying to get kids hooked on them. They saw a gigantic market for a safer smoking alternative and capitalized on it.

-Cal

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
HealthZone.ca - News & Features - Is this cigarette really safe? , SmokeStik delivers nicotine hit, has no tobacco or tar :

"Health Canada determined last month that they fall under the Food and Drugs Act, which means a company must submit evidence of safety and effectiveness in order to market them. Health Canada is taking steps to inform importers of the regulations, according to a government spokesperson."

GEEZUZ, what is with the MEDIA and all the friggin LIES? This is really starting to tick me off.

I just spoke personally with Health Canada western Inspectorate office.

"The Inspectorate is responsible for branch-wide compliance and enforcement activities, enabling consistency of approach across the spectrum of regulated products. The Inspectorate core functions are compliance monitoring, and compliance verification and investigation, supported by establishment licensing of drugs and medical devices"​

She said electronic cigarettes, refills, etc are "CURRENTLY BEING LOOKED AT, THERE IS NO RULING YET. THERE MAY BE SOMETHING IN A FEW MONTHS"

She said there is nothing required, no enforcement, no new rules, no legislation, as of this date, period.

Contact Us - HPFB Inspectorate Western Operational Centre - Health Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread