Total eCig newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

chikkaccino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
NoVA
Just wanted to drop my own line to say hello to everyone out there... (and up my post count ;) )

I'm a 36 y/o mother of two. I was a smoker for 15 years. Tried various methods of quitting. The pills. The patches. The nicotrol inhaler (which I don't see it doing anyone any good unless they like menthol, which I don't). I managed to quit for 5-6 years, and then one day it hit me. This uncontrollable urge to take a puff. I caved in and have spent the last 2+ years fighting to quit again all the while being a closet smoker. I don't smoke around my family, I've been stockpiled on gum & strong hand sanitizers to cover up the stench.

The longest I've been off of them this year had been 2 weeks with the help of the patches. Then I went to Vegas and smelled the smoke, and that craving to puff was back in full swing. Back to it I went.

Sad part is, I really don't even like the taste of cigarettes, but I just sort of get used to it being addicted. After a day or two and going back to it during a quit phase, after that first cigarette, about 2 seconds after putting it out, I realize just how bad I smell. And I freaking hate it. There are times where I choke on the smoke, feel sick to my stomach, but I kept on doing it.

The past week I've been looking into eCigs, and thanks to this forum, I found a good local shop that opened recently 10 minutes away from me. They set me up with an eGo VV starter kit with 2 batts, 2 CE-5 clearomizers, and a charger. I also tried a dozen different juices, picking out 2 6mg flavors I really liked, but when I go back to upgrade the tanks I'll have another dozen or more to try out. It's been 24-hours since, so far, smooth sailing.

If I had known about the eCigs 2 years ago when I had that strong desire to puff, I would have went with it. I have no desire to go back to analogs. What I missed was that puffing experience. Hopefully I can put down the ecig at some point and/or switch to 0 nic, but anything... ANYTHING... to stay off those analogs.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
you have the state-of-mind needed to quit. you have to want it and I think you do. I might suggest the next time you get some liquid, try a higher nicotine level. it helps with the quitting if you get plenty of nicotine in the system. I started out at 24 then dropped to 18 and now 12mg although I still use 18mg from time to time. also, higher nicotine will give you more throat hit. best of luck

chikkaccino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
NoVA
you have the state-of-mind needed to quit. you have to want it and I think you do. I might suggest the next time you get some liquid, try a higher nicotine level. it helps with the quitting if you get plenty of nicotine in the system. I started out at 24 then dropped to 18 and now 12mg although I still use 18mg from time to time. also, higher nicotine will give you more throat hit. best of luck

When I first started smoking I was at Marlboro Reds. When I last quit, I was down to Marlboro Ultra Light 100's, and when I picked back up I was at 1/2 - 1 pack per day. For some, those are airsticks. So I don't want to up my nicotine too much, that's why I figured the 6mg was good, but I'll admit I've been vaping like a fiend so it might be good to go 1 step up.

Congrats girl. People are always asking me how well my ecig works for me. I always tell them it only works as long as youre really dedicated to quitting smoking. After using a ecig for about 3 months I had tried a cigarette and I about gagged. Once you get hooked on them you will never want to smoke another cigarette again. Ive been off cigs on for about a year now thanks to my ecigs!

bigrf85

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
jax, fl
i agree with john above i smoked for 10+ years as a mechanic and it was second nature to leave the house as i was lighting up and when i made the decision to quit i took the aproach of starting with 24mg then went to 20mg then 18mg which i have stayed at for quite some time now. and trust me i feel better than i did 10+ years ago with the analogues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread