Status
Not open for further replies.

Mare1077

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Miami, FL
I just got my Nebula (Kr-808) kit today and put down my cigs and have not even wanted one! I am so happy! However, I don't know how I will know when my catomizer needs to be refilled. As I understand it, when it is empty you get a burned taste...but that by then it is too late, and you might as well throw the cart out! Is there any warning before it gets to that point? I don't want to waste them, but also don't really want to create more work for myself by refilling constantly...

Anyone that can give me some advice on this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

Just start adding a few drops to it when you notice the slightest drop in flavor and vapor production. Most people can nurse one along for several hours. So, if you're an average type of vaper, then begin 'innoculating' it after a couple hours. See if you notice an improvement. You'll develop a feel for it.

It usually doesn't get so badly burned as to make it unusable, at least at first. You won't be choking down acrid fumes and saying "Ah, THIS is that burned taste." You'll just notice it being less amazing than it was.

Remember that each cartomizer needs a bit of a break in to reach full vaping potential.

The premiums from Vapor4Life are pretty amazing on the KR808. Check some of them out!

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Carts are affordable, give yourself a week and you will become a pretty good judge. I notice after 6-8 hours of use that the taste starts to fade, the cart gets hotter, and you can start to smell the aroma of burnt popcorn. While vaping if you ask yourself, "Gee is that a hint of burnt popcorn I'm tasting" then your cart is done. Just because you taste it, it doesn't mean that filler is necessarily burning, overheating, but not burning.

When it comes to refilling a cart the condom method works, followed by a Taryn Spin, then let it sit overnight.

Google Taryn Spin for a video, I find the carts only take a couple of refills before you have to toss them. For some reason they don't draw as well and the taste fades.

Make shift Taryn Spin Lanyard: 1 24" length of parachute cord and 1 coat hanger cardboard connector tube (the kind from the laundry mat).

Poke a through the tube about 1" down from the end. Pull the cord through it to even length and tie a knot at the end.

Take refilled, insert mouth end of cartridge into tube, spin a dozen times, refill juice, spin again.

Good luck and welcome to the ECF! Relax and enjoy...you'll be an expert in no time.

Last edited:

Rolondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Seattle
I just got my Nebula (Kr-808) kit today and put down my cigs and have not even wanted one! I am so happy! However, I don't know how I will know when my catomizer needs to be refilled. As I understand it, when it is empty you get a burned taste...but that by then it is too late, and you might as well throw the cart out! Is there any warning before it gets to that point? I don't want to waste them, but also don't really want to create more work for myself by refilling constantly...

Anyone that can give me some advice on this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

Here's my experience (vaping for 2 months):
Like you, I ordered the KR8 batts in my 1st kit from V4L and like you put away the analogs the day I started vaping (threw away 30 cigs).
I loved the batts, chargers, passthru....everything worked perfectly, however based on my research I knew that the ultimate goal was clouds of vapor and great flavors! Also, based on tons of reading and YouTube videos (which resulted in my initial choice of Kr8 batts and cartomizers over attys and dripping) I realized that I should have chosen manuals over autos in my orig kit (Now have 4 "New" XL manual batts). Also realized blank cartos and eliquid was the absolute way to go. I ordered ejuice from V4L (Choc/Banana & Peach) and blank Premium cartos. The juice was good & cartos were ok. I've since ordered Cool Carts from them and they are the best (30 plus drops w/room to spare) I then discovered a site (VapewithPuff.com) and I highly reccommend this site to anyone new to vaping and pros as well. She sold me on a juice maker in CA, (TastyVapor.us) - I ordered (Atomic Cinnacide, Kretek and a few others) - totally speechless!! - My process now includes:
-Clean batts (rubbing alcohol, threads, center post) before I re-charge.
-Rubber band each carto to its respective bottle of eliquid and continue to refill until they start producing less vapor (hasn't happened yet, 2 wks)
-After refill, always spin the carto, add a few more drops and make sure the battery end of the carto is not leaking juice (although I've read that the batteries that are manual are sealed?)
In conclusion: If you are truly committed to a life without tobacco then you have to also commit to the research and possibly the mistakes you will make to reach that point where you really are enjoying this new world of Vaping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread