Totally Wicked Gold Standard concentrates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
I would like to hear from anyone who has experience using TW concentrates. My mixing is not going well as I hoped. My mixes do not have the store bought flavor I want from them. Most are vapable but far from on point. My limited financial resources do not allow the purchase of a different manufacturer's concentrates. So I need to make due for now. Any input will graciously appreciated. Thanks to all. vape on.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi Rig,
I have tried a few; tobacco, watermelon and banana? (sorry it was a while ago).
I was not impressed. It was not cheap and the flavours I found weak (to be kind) and even increased concentrations (15-20%) didn't help it taste better.

You may have success with other flavours in the range.
If price is a consideration, IMO: TW is not a good value.

Cheers
I

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
Tired and not coming up with who TW is...
What flavors do you have and what are you trying to make ?
Totally Wicked Gold Standard concentrates.
Watermelon
Strawberry
Blackberry
Mixed fruil
Tobacco (mild profile)
Black Magic (coffee-chocolate-tobacco profile)
Marshmallow
Passion fruit
Salemint ( light mint-tobacco-anb something else I forget and they can't tell me because discontinued)
I may have concernes about product quality. Not sure yet as my sucesses have been minor. Thank you. Sorry about posting in GD. I knew bettet but little slow over in liquids.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
Hi Rig,
I have tried a few; tobacco, watermelon and banana? (sorry it was a while ago).
I was not impressed. It was not cheap and the flavours I found weak (to be kind) and even increased concentrations (15-20%) didn't help it taste better.

You may have success with other flavours in the range.
If price is a consideration, IMO: TW is not a good value.

Cheers
I
So far I am not impressed either. I have some Financial issues therefore I do not have a savings or checking account at this time. I have used Totally Wicked VIA mail order for Hardware as well as my favorite manufactured eJuice. I e Tommy two tubes for a very long time. Now they have brick-and-mortar retail stores in my area. Giving my financial situation I am limited to cash transactions only so brick and mortar is my available option. Having been satisfied in the past I thought that these were probably quality products and I may have been mistaken. But there is no need to fear I will keep doing what I do and make the best of this situation. Thank you so much for your response. Have a blessed day and vape on

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Totally Wicked Gold Standard concentrates.
Watermelon
Strawberry
Blackberry
Mixed fruil
Tobacco (mild profile)
Black Magic (coffee-chocolate-tobacco profile)
Marshmallow
Passion fruit
Salemint ( light mint-tobacco-anb something else I forget and they can't tell me because discontinued)
I may have concernes about product quality. Not sure yet as my sucesses have been minor. Thank you. Sorry about posting in GD. I knew bettet but little slow over in liquids.

With any flavor or flavoring company it's just trying different percentages to get a mix that you like :)
Keep at it, you have some nice flavors that you can create with.

A little blackberry with your tobacco
Some Salemint with your Black Magic, maybe some Marshmallow too
Some Watermelon and Strawberry
Passion Fruit or Blackberry with some Marshmallow

And make notes of each batch in case you make a winner !
There's nothing worse than not being able to remember what you did !

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Any input will graciously appreciated.
DIY is time consuming and can become discouraging. Before I place a DIY flavor order, I order only those flavors which I will need to make 3 or more recipes, then I order all the flavors for those recipes. After I receive the flavors, I test them as standalone single flavors. These tests are important because they will give me a feel for taste and strength. I'm not looking for excellent taste, but more on how they might interact in a mix/known recipe. I find that very few single/standalone flavors can be used by themselves.
One shot flavors are starting to gain momentum for those interested in mixing their own and want to start out simple. These Flavors are premixed flavors that are only designed to be used on their own and mixed with a base of Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin and Nicotine (if desired). You could save some money/time by mixing one shots (OS/Flavor Blends). I found one shot mixing to be close to the flavor promoted on the bottle. These mixes provide some adjustment of the strength (percentage) of flavor. OS Mixing also is a good introductory to DIY. One Shots and Blends are simply added per directions of the seller to a Mixing Base, Shake and Vape (SnV) or steep if desired.
Might like to visit:
DIYorDIE Concentrates
One Shot Concentrates
Flavors - Gremlin - Gremlin DIY --- Known as "Gremlin DIY" = one shot?
Shipping Rates
Flavor Cartridge
http://www.onestopdiyshop.com/category-s/184.htm
One Shot Flavor Concentrates

Reactions: DeloresRose

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Agree with everything BrotherBob said.

The mix it alone part is especially important because some flavors taste awful alone. That’s completely subjective. You may love most of one vendor’s flavors, bug others may be horrible.

I have 5-6 different brands. Usually, I either like most or dislike most of a brand, but I’m open to trying several. Say, strawberry. I have, gosh, I think 7-8 of them.

Try them alone and you’ll know which has the right taste.

Also, having a few is a good way to fill out a flavor by layering. One is a bit sweet, one a bit too real, one not tangy enough... you can do a lot more with 10% total of three strawberries than you can with a higher percentage of one of them.

I’ll admit I got lucky right out of the gate and mixed some juice that was exactly what I wanted, but I’ve had a lot of fails, too. Still, I’ve saved enough not buying juice that I’m way ahead.

It takes time though, like cooking, lots to learn.

Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread