Totally Wicked Not Quite...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sl1pg8r

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
The Internet
So shortly after I started vaping i got pretty paranoid that my original atty might die. I'm new to this and the thought of being without vapor scared the .... outta me so i ordered an atty from a US company and over-nighted it. I then when on the hunt for some more backup atties. I found a 5 pack of 810's from totally wicked(TW) and ordered. I read a bunch about how to werk with new atties and tested them all. I blew out the primer and fired each one up looking for glow, one didn't werk. I contacted TW and was told that there's no guarantee on these. Tough luck was the basic message. I found this to be a pretty poor experience. I paid for 5 working atomizers. Shouldn't i get 5 working atomizers?

IMHO I would never order from any company that won't stand behind their product. Feels to me like ordering 30ml, getting 25, and being told, "we can't be held responsible for the fact that you didn't receive what you paid for."

What do you think?

-slip ;)

chicagorod

Mar 1, 2010
Chicago
I had the same problem, but to their defense I emailed the owner and they sent a few new ones to me. The funny thing about the news only 3 worked. So then I guess 4 out of 10 to work wasn't bad.. Seriously they need to step up the quality control and their initial customers service. I shouldn't have to write the owner in England to have something taken care.

Good luck.

sl1pg8r

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
The Internet
So here's the deal. I werk in customer service. What customer's want when they have a problem is resolution. There's no questioning that when you order a product, the company should deliver it. I ordered 5 atomizers, i got 4. They didn't deliver. I contacted customer service TWICE and was offered no resolution. I won't do business with Totally Wicked again. I wanted to share my experience to save any other customers from having a bad experience. I hope this helps someone! -END OF LINE-

-slip ;)

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Here I'm going to post this here too....TW is willfully neglecting UK law...and since they charge a foreign transaction fee because they are a UK company dealing in the states they'd be governed by: the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended by the Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994 and the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002)and the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 which state:
The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations cover businesses that sell to consumers by mail order, phone, fax, over the internet or on digital TV.
In particular you must ensure:
  • goods are fit for their purpose and of satisfactory quality under the Sale of Goods Act
the Act states that what you sell must fit its description, be fit for its purpose and be of satisfactory quality. If not, you - as the supplier - are obliged to sort out the problem.

When selling to consumers by mail order, phone, fax, internet or digital TV you must give them a cooling-off period during which they have an unconditional right to cancel the contract.
In the case of goods, the cooling-off period normally ends seven working days after the day the goods are received.
Consumers must inform you in writing - by letter, fax or email - of their decision to cancel.
Consumers' money should be reimbursed as soon as possible - and in any case within a maximum period of 30 days.
Your contract with the consumer should also specify who pays any postage necessary to return unwanted goods.

The goods or services must also be of satisfactory quality - meaning they should be safe, work properly and have no defects. Although there is more responsibility attached to the manufacturers and producers of goods or services, you could also be held liable if the use of products or services you supply causes any damage, injury or death
You must also ensure the goods or services are 'fit for purpose'. This means they should be capable of doing what they are meant for.

The rights of customers: goods

If you sell goods that don't conform to contract - that aren't as described, are unfit for their purpose or of unsatisfactory quality - you are legally obliged to resolve the problem if your customers seek redress.
The Sale of Goods Act states that if customers want to reject faulty goods, they have to do so within a 'reasonable time'. A legal definition of 'reasonable' is not given though - it varies from case to case and could be just a few weeks from the date of purchase.
If a customer rejects faulty goods within this 'reasonable' period, they're entitled to ask for their money back. All customers can claim compensation at any time if they choose. If you sell to consumers - not other traders - they can ask for a repair or a replacement immediately (instead of asking for a refund) at any time until six years after purchase.
If you're dealing with a consumer, any repair or replacement you arrange must not cause them too much inconvenience. You may have to pay for other costs such as transportation. However, if a replacement is impossible and the goods cannot be repaired economically, or vice versa, then you can offer a full or partial refund.
In law you have a responsibility to your customer for up to six years from the date of purchase (in Scotland, five years from discovery of the problem). During this period, you are legally obliged to deal with any claim of breach of contract.
Customers who are also consumers and not other traders have additional rights. These rights last for up to six years after sale.
Consumers are entitled to ask for either a repair or a replacement in addition to their right to a refund.
If they ask for a repair or replacement you should honour their request. But if it's impossible or disproportionately expensive to repair a product, you can offer a replacement instead.
If neither repair nor replacement are practical options, you can offer a partial or full refund if this would be cheaper for the business. When you're considering whether to give a full or partial refund, you can take account of the benefits the consumer has gained since they bought the goods.
If you want to dispute a claim by a consumer for a repair or replacement, remember that for the first six months it's up to you to prove that the fault was not present at the time of sale. However, after six months it's up to the consumer to prove that the goods were faulty when sold.
If a consumer complains about services you have provided then you should offer a repair or appropriate compensation.

perhaps everyone who gets a DOA battery or atty should start filing complaints and claims with trading standards department and the appropriate authorities and the BBB

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
I don't know why anyone would order from this outfit. A search on TW brings up complaint after complaint about their poor customer service and questionable business practices.
Add me to the "Never going to buy from TW" list.
Having a Tornado is NOT the same as having an eGo. The eGo is backed and supported by a quality outfit, Janty.

Last edited:

Peg0325

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
Western PA
While I can't speak to their policy on atomizers, I will say that my experience with TW has been more than satisfactory. They've been helpful in answering my questions through e-mail, as well as their live chat. Also, I made a mistake while ordering, and ended up with a flavor that I didn't want and they cheerfully exchanged it. I have four Tornado's from them and have never had any of them go bad. Just sayin'...

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
While I can't speak to their policy on atomizers, I will say that my experience with TW has been more than satisfactory. They've been helpful in answering my questions through e-mail, as well as their live chat. Also, I made a mistake while ordering, and ended up with a flavor that I didn't want and they cheerfully exchanged it. I have four Tornado's from them and have never had any of them go bad. Just sayin'...
The problem is Peg.... You just happened to be one of the lucky ones.....You Won the lottery....See TW plays lottery who gets customer service and who dosen't....Who gets an email and who dosen't... How many bad atty's one two or three....The have to keep at least a few customers happy....For the exact same reason why you just made a post.....Not sure if you get the point or not....But Most of the screwed over ECF members know exactly what I'm saying.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread