touchwood - 18500 or 18650?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fouroulou

Verified Member
Apr 13, 2014
Jerusalem, Israel
Hi all,

I just stumbled across the touchwood, fell in love, and want to order one as my first non-clone mech. I am something of a chain vaper so pretty sure i don't want the 18350, plus personally i think it looks nicer if the atty doesn't dominate it, as it seems to at times with the mini. Anyone have thoughts on 18500 vs. 18650?

Also, any ideas for what would look best on top would be much appreciated.

thanks!

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Hi all,

I just stumbled across the touchwood, fell in love, and want to order one as my first non-clone mech. I am something of a chain vaper so pretty sure i don't want the 18350, plus personally i think it looks nicer if the atty doesn't dominate it, as it seems to at times with the mini. Anyone have thoughts on 18500 vs. 18650?

Also, any ideas for what would look best on top would be much appreciated.

thanks!
I prefer 18500... but aesthetics are highly subjective. ;-)

Click on my first sig line and follow the hyperlink to "Steam Engine". There is a usage to battery drain time calculator that will allow direct comparison between batteries estimated time to discharge.

fouroulou

Verified Member
Apr 13, 2014
Jerusalem, Israel
Thanks, that is a very cool calculator you've got there! i guess i'd already figured the obvious difference was vape time, but definitely good to know where to go if i want to quantify it :)

what i was wondering about primarily is how each feels in the hand, firing button access, aesthetics, all the subjective stuff...

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
There are 45 posts with "touchwood" in the title... didn't look to see how old or active they are, but I'd bet if the member's green light is lit, you can ask questions in those threads and probably get a response. I think you need either 5 or 15 posts to PM a member... so check that feature as well.

Ciao
bye.gif

fouroulou

Verified Member
Apr 13, 2014
Jerusalem, Israel
Thanks for your help! I hadn't thought of restricting search word to title (c'mon fouroulou :p) and that did give more relevant results..

I'm thinking I'll pull the trigger on the 18500 (three bears principle). with about a 6-week wait i'll have plenty of time to mull what to pair it with :) a low-sitting rda is a good idea, should help keep the form factor while getting a good vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread