safe distance from a black hole
WebbedGrimyCardinal-size_restricted.gif

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Who knows. We saw his tweet yesterday. Of course that came after a phone campaign at the White House about vaping started on Thursday and crashed their switchboard, along with trending tags of #VapeBan and #ivapeivote on Twitter. But now he's going after new energy efficient light bulbs that he complained are too expensive and make him look orange, so it's hard to tell where his focus is going to be next.

I loved this part of that article, and is brand new news to me

"Two former administration officials departed the White House to work for juul, a popular electronic cigarette company. A third works with the company as a consultant."

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
So now, Trump is backing off his statement that he will ban flavored juice?
Trump now says not all vaping is bad - CNNPolitics
That's what I was saying. Everybody knows Donald Trump changes his mind a lot and that's not a bad thing. Maybe that's where I saw where he was softening on Flavor bans I really think deep down inside that this is just a hoax. They've got to do something about the adulterated THC out there. But that ain't mean that we're involved. I'm just going to chill out and see what happens

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Let's not forget, even if nothing happens with this flavor ban on the national level, cities and states are flinging poop at us from all directions, and the PMTA deadline is just less under eight months from now.

If you're not ready yet, get busy!

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Which ends up with a neutered industry, heavily regulated and taxed. Like smokes and booze.
    Which is what the US will have come May 11.
    He should have just let the FDA do the banning as planned.
    Does anyone really believe the FDA will approve a flavored e-liquid? I don't.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Which is what the US will have come May 11.
    He should have just let the FDA do the banning as planned.
    Does anyone really believe the FDA will approve a flavored e-liquid? I don't.
    Predicting the FDA is difficult. The last announcement from the FDA is they are concerned with hardware atm.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Not too mention toying with many small businesses.
    Well, I guess that's one way to stimulate the economy.
    I wish Trump could see this emotional testimony. My favorite part was the 90 year old who chose "Fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA Cereal" for her flavor of choice. Adults don't like sweet and fruity? Flavors are marketed to children? I'm not believing that for a second.

Mark_Slis-Michigan_Testimony-2019-09-12.mp4

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I wish Trump could see this emotional testimony. My favorite part was the 90 year old who chose "Fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA" for her flavor of choice. Adults don't like sweet and fruity? Flavors are marketed to children? I'm not believing that for a second.

Mark_Slis-Michigan_Testimony-2019-09-12.mp4
    Not sure how much good it would do. One of the points repeatedly noted about rump is that he doesn’t read much of anything at all. He prefers to have things read to him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread