Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2009
Kingston, WA, U.S.A.
I didn't know if usps showed shipments going into customs. I was tracking an order that left Foreign dispatch Shanghai on 10 April. That is the last record according to usps tracking. Doesn't show being held or going to customs or anything. Nothing important in the order, just cases and a 12 volt charger. E-mailed a couple days ago and received an e-mail back saying it could take up to 20 days once it got to this country. Well I don't know if it got here. Funny thing is I don't even know if I want the cases now. Oh well, I can always sell them if I ever get them.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
the company e-mails you a tracking number.. Just like if you ordered state side... just when it comes into the country you switch to usps site to track it.

Trouble is, that it's sort of a crap shoot. Sometimes you see where the package is, and other times you see nothing.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
I didn't know if usps showed shipments going into customs. I was tracking an order that left Foreign dispatch Shanghai on 10 April. That is the last record according to usps tracking. Doesn't show being held or going to customs or anything. Nothing important in the order, just cases and a 12 volt charger. E-mailed a couple days ago and received an e-mail back saying it could take up to 20 days once it got to this country. Well I don't know if it got here. Funny thing is I don't even know if I want the cases now. Oh well, I can always sell them if I ever get them.

I received 2 packages over a month and a half ago, and the USPS tracking page still says "in transit" Don't get too worried if you don't see anything for a while. If you get a notice from Customs, then you can start pulling your hair out.

minny

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Northern Illinois
How was it shipped? EMS or Airmail?
EMS tracking will usually show it entering the USA, going in and out of customs, etc.
Airmail will only show it leaving the origin country, and most likely won't update till delivered (if then). Basically no tracking at all.
Sounds like yours was sent Airmail, which can take a disgustingly long time to arrive.
Good luck-I hope it shows up eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread