tracking says delivered but nothing in mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

goober

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2011
PA
Kind of sucks but I had a $145 order from fast tech and the status says delivered but theres nothing in my mailbox.

I'm hoping that someone here will say "its okay, usps always fixes these kinds of issues" but I don't think thats likely..

Has anyone had this happen to them before? How did you guys go about handling it? Was the issue resolved or did you have to take a loss?

vicflo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2009
Virginia
i monitor returns as part of my job (1k+/day)... there are any number of things that could have happened. you can usually just contact the post office and try to find out where you package is or just wait a day or two. best bet is to contact the PO on next business day as the next step after "undeliverable" is for them to return to sender. if no luck there contact FT to file a claim.

common occurences
- the mailman gets ahead of themself and marks things delivered and gets put back into the system when its back at the PO
- it got delivered to an incorrect address... this is toughest one to fix if the recipient isnt an honest person
- depending on the area you live in its actually quite rare for packages to be stolen

shipping routes may differ from what i deal with so someone has actually had this issue might be able to give a better answer.

angstless

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Detroit
Kind of sucks but I had a $145 order from fast tech and the status says delivered but theres nothing in my mailbox.

I'm hoping that someone here will say "its okay, usps always fixes these kinds of issues" but I don't think thats likely..

Has anyone had this happen to them before? How did you guys go about handling it? Was the issue resolved or did you have to take a loss?

I will not say it is okay....but I had a deliver of 3 different deliveries which all showed as delivered but one was not...and when I complained to the company.....they said they could do nothing since it showed delivered...so I reordered...the next day it was delivered...

So I ended up with twice as much as I originally wanted.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida

I would contact the post office if it happened to me, but it has not so far to date.

Vape On
:vapor:

angstless

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
Detroit
i monitor returns as part of my job (1k+/day)... there are any number of things that could have happened. you can usually just contact the post office and try to find out where you package is or just wait a day or two. best bet is to contact the PO on next business day as the next step after "undeliverable" is for them to return to sender. if no luck there contact FT to file a claim.

common occurences
- the mailman gets ahead of themself and marks things delivered and gets put back into the system when its back at the PO
- it got delivered to an incorrect address... this is toughest one to fix if the recipient isnt an honest person
- depending on the area you live in its actually quite rare for packages to be stolen

shipping routes may differ from what i deal with so someone has actually had this issue might be able to give a better answer.

I am still waiting for my delivery of my pudding...I have been given 3 different promises of redelivery..and still NO PUDDING!!!!!!!!!

It was attempted on 11/25...with a promise of redelivery on 11/27...did not happen...when I called they said it could be till 9 at night...so we waited till 9 at night...no attempt was made...I called twice after and given two other redelivery numbers...and it still to this day has not been delivered...and today is December 1st

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx

have you noticed if your delivery guy is suddenly vaping?

just a thought!

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
I am still waiting for my delivery of my pudding...I have been given 3 different promises of redelivery..and still NO PUDDING!!!!!!!!!

It was attempted on 11/25...with a promise of redelivery on 11/27...did not happen...when I called they said it could be till 9 at night...so we waited till 9 at night...no attempt was made...I called twice after and given two other redelivery numbers...and it still to this day has not been delivered...and today is December 1st
[Pink Floyd]Did you eat your meat?

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?[/Pink Floyd]
27679071_b736002f65.jpg

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
At this rate it will be better to FedEx everything! USPS ewwww there worse than Royal Mail here in the UK ;) Although HK Post recently have been poor such is the life, mail volumes must have gone up an awful lot in the past few years, I wanted to be a postman as a kid but with all these land of the rising sun parcels to deliver probably better I didn't .

Hope it turns up soon and not an evil vaper has it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
out for delivery means its at your routes work station at the post office your mail comes from.
it may have arrived after he left for the route.
or your mail guy didn't take it.
there are several reasons for this.
these guys are overworked.to get more business the po has lowered its bulk rate
creating tons of extra junk mail,and with the the increased use of tracking some mail
has a higher priority than yours.
with the higher volume of packages this time of year your delivery person
is probably stringing out the deliveries over a few days according to priority.
i see your package is from over seas.it may have been inspected and re-wrapped poorly.
not wanting to be involved in case something turns up missing from your order will
save him a ton of paper work.
if your route doesn't have a regular carrier assigned the fill in guys are notorious for
forgetting packages and the keys to secured buildings.
all the delivery people only have so much time to get the route done and tend to cut
some corners to keep from going insane.
this is a nationwide problem in larger metro areas especially if if your in a less affluent zip code area.

call your post office.they'll gladly check if its there and let you pick it up.
they know how over worked the carriers are.
also get to know your carrier.say hi.offer him a cold soda or water on a hot day.
they will remember you and watch out for your stuff.

regards
mike

Last edited:

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
At this rate it will be better to FedEx everything! USPS ewwww there worse than Royal Mail here in the UK ;) Although HK Post recently have been poor such is the life, mail volumes must have gone up an awful lot in the past few years, I wanted to be a postman as a kid but with all these land of the rising sun parcels to deliver probably better I didn't .

Hope it turns up soon and not an evil vaper has it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread