Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I wasn't a member a year or two ago, but I know several smokers who tried vaping when the cigalikes started appearing in mall kiosks back then. They went back to smoking, the technology just wasn't there then. I'm completely new to vaping and I'm doing better on my $15 express starter kit then they did spending a fortune on cigalikes.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
I am not new to vaping but the improvement in equipment made me want to try again. I also think I just wasn't completely ready yet. I have vaped for years but also smoked about 5 to 10 cigs a day. I have come to realize that I can't do both if I really want quit smoking. One cigarette always leads me right back to smoking again. My new motto is now Nope! NOT ONE PUFF EVER!

ccubed

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
Denver, CO
Congrats, 57chilicat. That is fantastic !!! This is day 49 for me and it seems you feel as good about it as I do. The ECF and folks here have really helped me a bunch. I feel like I am a part of a community, though when I look at my posts, they all seem to be similar because I like welcoming folks who are new like I am. There is something about sharing in the vaping experience and sharing with folks who are either cutting down or cutting out smoking. Feels darned good. Namaste !

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Thanks ccubed! I do feel good. I have had to make some changes like going from fruity flavors to mocha, coffee, DK4 and French pipe! This has really helped me get past the wanting a cig with my morning coffee! Mornings are still the hardest of times but new flavors are allowing me to enjoy my mornings more! Give up the cigs but I won't give up my coffee!

Subdivisions

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
PA
I am not new to vaping but the improvement in equipment made me want to try again. I also think I just wasn't completely ready yet. I have vaped for years but also smoked about 5 to 10 cigs a day. I have come to realize that I can't do both if I really want quit smoking. One cigarette always leads me right back to smoking again. My new motto is now Nope! NOT ONE PUFF EVER!

I figured it was the advancement in quality. I looked into this a few years ago and it was mostly cig-alike stuff. I know there were some better items around back then that were pretty costly but I guess I wasn't the pioneering type. I hear ya on the one cigarette thing. It led me back to smoking after I quit for many years. Happy vaping chillicat!!

I joined a few years ago, and now becoming more active. I went back to smoking awhile. The tech and juice market is so much better now.

Hi sda, I'm in the northern Pittsburgh area. There was a vape meet up in cranberry on sunday that I missed because I was out of town over the weekend. It was the Steel City Vapers club. I haven't been to one but I'll be looking into it.

sda2010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2010
Pittsburgh
I figured it was the advancement in quality. I looked into this a few years ago and it was mostly cig-alike stuff. I know there were some better items around back then that were pretty costly but I guess I wasn't the pioneering type. I hear ya on the one cigarette thing. It led me back to smoking after I quit for many years. Happy vaping chillicat!!

Hi sda, I'm in the northern Pittsburgh area. There was a vape meet up in cranberry on sunday that I missed because I was out of town over the weekend. It was the Steel City Vapers club. I haven't been to one but I'll be looking into it.

I am in the North Hills, but never looked into any vape meets or looked for any B&Ms around the area. I do know of a Vape Lounge in Brookline somewhere.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
I never really thought I would make it this long! I had smoked for 44 years and today is my 44th day completely smoke free! Thanks to vaping and all of the great people on this forum I feel more confident every day! Thanks to everyone here that provide the much needed support!

Congrats!!! What gear did you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread