Trading for a reo today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavageClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So I am trading a few of my other mods for a used reo grand. The outside seems to have been well taken care of but what should I be looking for on the inside that would be of concern. If I do get it how much would it cost to send it to reomods.com for a thorough cleaning and tidying up.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Congrats on the REO!

If it looks good outside, is it clean inside? It may just be that you won't need to do a thing, and there isn't a lot you need to do. I wash mine out maybe once a month (but wipe it down if I spill a drop, I keep mine clean), file the pin and apply some NOALOX. Rob (redeyedancer) who makes them made a great video on cleaning your firing pin and I am sure someone will be along shortly with it (sorry I don't have the link).

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
I'm assuming it's a "standard" Grand and not "VV?"

There's really not much to worry about. Does the current owner say it's in working condition? You will end up buying a spare spring in case of emergency (that's the REO's "safety valve" and you don't want to be without an extra one in case it ever collapses.)

I personally would wait 'til I got it in my hands to make a decision on a "rebuild kit" or not. It might just need a good thorough cleaning or not even that if the current owner does one before he sends it to you.

Are you getting batteries in the deal? I'd stick with the recommended "nipple top" 18650s.

Here's a link to the "maintenance" videos (I think the bath one is the 3rd from the top):

http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=34&Itemid=3

Thanks,

Norman

moondragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
You might want to get a couple of extra bottles and maybe a couple of the o-rings for the bottles, just in case the previous owner used it for some type of strong tasting e-liquid. There have been a couple of threads here the past few days about how to get rid of a prior juice flavor.

Congratulations and welcome!

SavageClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Wow great replies. The reo in question is from a personal friend. He also has a reo mini and reo vv. He was using it yesterday when I proposed the trade to him. So i know it is in working order. There is an reomizer on it that I will get with it as well as 2 aw imr button top 18650s, and 4 6ml bottles. I want to say it is possibly an older reo? The fire button is up top near the atomizer instead of on the side like I have seen others? not sure about this tho. It is black with the silver door.

I will definatley do the cleaning and the firing pin filing as suggested. And then see If i think it needs to be sent off. Thanks for the info on ordering the rebuild kit and spring as well great suggestions guys. I can tell I am going to be visiting these forums alot..

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Wow great replies. The reo in question is from a personal friend. He also has a reo mini and reo vv. He was using it yesterday when I proposed the trade to him. So i know it is in working order. There is an reomizer on it that I will get with it as well as 2 aw imr button top 18650s, and 4 6ml bottles. I want to say it is possibly an older reo? The fire button is up top near the atomizer instead of on the side like I have seen others? not sure about this tho. It is black with the silver door.

I will definatley do the cleaning and the firing pin filing as suggested. And then see If i think it needs to be sent off. Thanks for the info on ordering the rebuild kit and spring as well great suggestions guys. I can tell I am going to be visiting these forums alot..

Nope, that how the grand is made :)

Looks like your friend is setting you up pretty nicely!

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
Well it's a good place to hang out. After the first couple of weeks you'll get to your sweet spot. Then you can just hang and help others when they need it. The mod is so basic it isn't funny not a lot to go wrong. The RM2 is easy too after a couple of coils you'll have it mastered. Welcome to Reoville and congrats on a good trade! Oh yeah pix or it didn't happen.

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
Yep. You are ready to rock man. Go for it!

You might want to say you'll only do the trade if he gives you the RM2 he's keeping for his VV and mini while trying to "pawn off" the RM1 on you! HA!

I'm kidding, but you might want to make sure it's the RM2 you are getting and not the RM1. The RM2 really is miles ahead of the RM1.

Anyway, standard grand, reomizer, AW IMR 18650s, extra bottles. Sounds ready to go!

Thanks,

Norman

SavageClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
what is the tell tale difference between the rm1 and rm2?

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg

crappy pictures but I am an experienced coil builder.. not use to doing it on such a small deck tho.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 11
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
what is the tell tale difference between the rm1 and rm2?

View attachment 280550 View attachment 280551

crappy pictures but I am an experienced coil builder.. not use to doing it on such a small deck tho.

Unless my eyes deceive me that's the RM2. Ceramic base (non-metal/no shorts) with drain/feed hole.

If that part with the drain/feed hole is not metal it's the RM2.

Thanks,

Norman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread