The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Travel with build gear

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by EctoVaper, Feb 8, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. EctoVaper

EctoVaper Full Member

Feb 8, 2018
    London, UK
    Apologies if this has been asked before but I was unable to find when it had.

I already know the rules and procedure for taking my tanks, mods etc on a plane but what are the rules regarding build gear.

In August I will be travelling from the UK to the US. I have already previously travelled to the US when I was on stock coils but now that I build my own coils, am I able to take my Coilmaster kit with me and does this need to go in my carry on?

Ideally I would rather not have to take a stock coil tank with me.

Many thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The only thing you could possibly run into is TSA stupidity regarding clippers or scissors. Best pack those and carryon the rest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. EctoVaper

EctoVaper Full Member

Feb 8, 2018
    London, UK
    Makes sense. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Honestly it may partially depend on your TSA agent and whether or not he evaluates some of those tools as weapons. I'm thinking about the curvy, very sharp tweezers.... They're not "scissors or knives," but some of them may be evaluated as dangerous. Could check out the TSA website and/or even give them a call. I'd hate for any tools to be "lost" at the last minute as you walk through the checkpoint. And I'm kind of unclear as to how I would "classify" some of them.

Best of luck, and hope you can carry most of it with you.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  5. EctoVaper

EctoVaper Full Member

Feb 8, 2018
    London, UK
    Yeah, thinking about it. I might leave the Scissors and the Tweezers back home and probably get some in the states.

Maybe just pack a load of cotton, pre-built coils and the ohms reader.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.