• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaShiVa

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Texas
So, I'm living in Texas presently, and planning to head home for a few weeks around march next year, first trip home since I started vaping.
Will be at least 2 weeks, hopefully 3, so I'm gonna bring enough supplies with me. (Fortunately I'm on the vapor king - I forget the model number, but it's the cartomizer ones, no need to fiddle with juice if you don't want to)
Now, should I bring the stuff with me, or order it and have it shipped to my relatives? I know V4L will ship it there, I just don't know what's more reliable - am I likely to get the stuff taken off me at customs?
I figure at the very least I'll pack some in each piece of luggage, and a couple of batts and stuff in my pockets.
I've not heard of anyone getting their stuff confiscated, which seems a little odd to me - they did make it illegal right?

Also, does anyone vape in public places? I'm assuming it's basically that the law is ......ed to begin with and not many people (cops, etc) are familiar with e-cigs or the new law, so it's all kind of moot, but I am curious.
I'm from Sydney, if it matters, but don't want to ask my folks about it as they don't know I've quit analogs till I get there :p

Psyc

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Now, should I bring the stuff with me, or order it and have it shipped to my relatives? I know V4L will ship it there, I just don't know what's more reliable - am I likely to get the stuff taken off me at customs?
I sincerely doubt it. Given that our office had a fairly large multi-person order (680ml of juice, tons of parts) get opened by Aus customs and passed through I doubt you'll have any issues. That being said, don't try to haul big pipe-bomb-sized mod through security. ;)

I figure at the very least I'll pack some in each piece of luggage, and a couple of batts and stuff in my pockets.
If you can handle the straight Dekang stuff, I'd say just order some for over here and avoid the hassle of having a bunch of little bottles inside of several different bags when they go through the scanner.

I've not heard of anyone getting their stuff confiscated, which seems a little odd to me - they did make it illegal right?
It's illegal for sale, but possession is a bit of a gray area. Really you just don't want the hassle of trying to justify why your luggage contains a ton of tiny bottles. Ignorance is really the enemy in that case and security will always err on the side of caution.

Also, does anyone vape in public places?
I'm from Sydney, if it matters
I do it in public all the time, just like smoking. I don't push it on public transport or anything, and I go outside at the pub, but I don't really try to hide it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread