The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Traveling to Germany

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by pumukl, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. pumukl

pumukl Full Member

May 24, 2014
    Morrilton, AR, USA
    So, in 8 days I will fly to Germany for 2 weeks to see my very ill mother. Any last minute advice from any travelers regarding vaping? Airport, on the plane, in europe? I cant wait to go to a german vapeshop to try the flavors that are so hard to find here, like marzipan, gluehwein, etc.

2. RIMP

RIMP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

do you have a US to Euro converter plug?

3. pumukl

pumukl Full Member

May 24, 2014
    Morrilton, AR, USA
    Yes, I do, but I don't think I will need it, since I plan on charging my batteries via my mothers computer on the usb cable.. I had stuff fry before with converters, want to play it safe this time... Thank you, though, good thought!

4. AlfyB

AlfyB Full Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Dushanbe
    Don't take too big of an atomizer with you, I have had problems with the quantity of liquid in some (yes, ALL atomizers are way below authorized amount, but try arguing with these guys...) and yeah, make sure you get a 220v compatible charger for your batteries.

5. Sthur

Sthur Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2013
    Denver
    I goto Germany 1-2 times a year. I normally stealth vape in the airports. I wouldn't vape on the plane. Eliquid is harder then you think, most of them have to purchase online.

Bring plenty of juices, batteries, and tanks to get you through 2 weeks.

Safe travels.

6. pumukl

pumukl Full Member

May 24, 2014
    Morrilton, AR, USA
    Thank you. I had a hunch about that, and I will only take my vision spiders, or the aspire dbc with me. and only a small bottle of juice, plan on buying some there.

7. pumukl

pumukl Full Member

May 24, 2014
    Morrilton, AR, USA
    Thank you!
    I found a shop in nuremberg, which is where I will be close to, they sell vinirette juice. I saw that it was a bit pricey, but it has great reviews. I dont plan on getting equipment, so yes, I will be taking enough gear. stealth vaping in the airport seems like a good idea.

8. pumukl

pumukl Full Member

May 24, 2014
    Morrilton, AR, USA
    I just looked at the website of the shop I found, and it seems that in a pinch I should be covered, in case equipment that I am bringing with me fails. And 50 kinds of liquid, there should be something I like. Can't wait to try marzipan, maracuja and kirsch banane!

9. dice57

dice57 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2013
    Mount Vernon, Wa
    umm, would recommend not taking any clones into Germany, they have a strict law against clones and will confiscate them if they so choose. So stick with authentic or clones with no engravings, etchings, trade marks, etc.

10. NealBJr

NealBJr Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    Lawrenceville, Ga.
    Hrm... I'm wondering... would something like This help in the future when it comes to travelling with Ecigs? Just call it a varaible voltage/wattage flashlight or a mechanical flashlight. :)

11. Hornzxc

Hornzxc Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

safe journey man! ;) try the breakfast with your digitals and let us know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Rossum

Rossum "Chump" Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Buy some nic gum for the flights. 8-9 hours is a long time in a plane.

In airports, there are bathrooms, which have stalls. Use a low-odor liquid and avoid blowing huge clouds in the stalls.

Batteries in your carry-on, not your checked luggage.

Liquids your checked luggage, or carry-on in in a quart sized ziplock bag, no bottles bigger than 100ml.

Take backups.

13. pumukl

pumukl Full Member

May 24, 2014
    Morrilton, AR, USA
    Thank ya'll! I will follow most of your tips!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.