Traveling to Panamà... Discovered ecigs are banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

personalvoid

Jul 19, 2015
Anyone from Panama here?

I am traveling there next November and found out that apparently they are banned from several places (even in public areas of private buildings, like the swimming pool area on our condo).

The law is dating back December 2014, and apparently in it they start describing ecigs as nicotine delivery devices, but in the scope of the ban they also throw in the clause "with or without nicotine"... So they really didn't take time to think about it, they really didn't care. But they ended up writing that piece of paper they call law! Referencing anything from cancer prevention to the year they created the institution to care for people health.

Here is the link:
http://gacetaoficial.gob.pa/pdfTemp/27678_A/49169.pdf

These are the thing that make me laugh. Or cry. I'd be better off buying a cigar and have a good smoke. Afterall I miss the tv infomercials that try to convince you to stop smoking. Hypocrisy gold medal.

Pheraps if we really did stop smoking, they would incentivise us to drink more to cover that tax revenue loss.

Reactions: LaraC

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
So... a pharma Nicotrol inhaler would never be banned, because despite being a "nicotine delivery device", it's also a "medicine".

OTOH, an e-cig is banned because it is a "nicotine delivery device", even if there's NO nicotine in it.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

In Portugal, there's a new law effective in 2020:

tobacco cigarettes, AND e-cigs *containing nicotine* will be banned in public places.

*Non-nicotine* e-cigs, however, will be allowed. :confused:

"How is it going to be enforced", someone asked our Health Minister (I mean, is the police going to carry nicotine kits ?? )

"We have to start somewhere", that was his response. :facepalm:

Either they were concerned about "e-cig emissions" (banning ALL e-cigs), or they were not.

Why treat cigarette smoke and nicotine-containing e-cigs the same way, when their emissions are so different?

Why treat nicotine-containing e-cigs differently from non-nicotine e-cigs, when their emissions are so similar?

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

personalvoid

Jul 19, 2015
Someone please correct me but if we are smoking at 2mg per ml, how many ml gets burnt per draw? I think less than a 30th.
Then you are inhaling 1/30th of a milligram of nicotine.

Then you absorb part of this and you exhale into the detector.

IF The detector can pick that up, probably exhaling normal city pollution will be more dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread