Travel and Vaping Traveling with Vapes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a frequent business traveler and flyer. Lately I hadn't been traveling as much, and since I started vaping I have been pretty local. Yesterday I had a little flight and I am on the road now.

First, what a wonderfully liberating experience not to worry about where and how I am going to sneak the last analog before going through security! Timing the line, stashing the lighter, and all the other nonsense associated with air travel! Just being able to vape discreetly in the airport was a story in itself.

I decided it would be foolish to flaunt, but it's pretty easy to just stay out of the crowd and hit some delicious 24mg at will.

On the flights, the first flight was not very full and the middle seat was empty. The other guy was either sleeping or looking out the window, so I was able to vape fairly freely. That was pretty cool.

I had a transfer in Vegas with about an hour to kill. Of course I foolishly dropped a 20 in the airport slots. Now, LV has banned smoking in the Vegas airport, and I was puffing merrily on the blue light KR8. Sure enough, the Security/Slot attendant was over before long... "are you smoking?".

I explained vapes, and offered her a hit. She took it, and was amazed. I explained about good ones and bad ones, showed her my kit, and she asked for all the info. Wrote down the V4L addie and this forum. We had a nice chat which probably saved me some money (by not playing ripoff airport slots) and she was going to share the info with her more internet savvy friends.

The second flight was shoulder to shoulder, totally full flight, so I cooled it. It wasn't a long enough flight to worry about anyway and I just fell asleep, but I did sneak a few on approach. No issues.

Checked in to my non-smoking hotel room, who cares? Headed out to a recommended restaurant (which was very good), sat and ate at the bar.

You know what happened next... bartender asks, what is that thing? I explain. He says, oh, I thought it was a light for reading the menu, can I try it? Sure... next thing I know I am writing out the contact info for V4L and this forum again.

Now it is morning. I did not throw on yesterday's clothes and slither down 6 floors for my first morning cig. I am alternating between a menthol on the PT and a tobacco flavor on the batt.

Battery management has been the biggest concern. Next time I travel, I will just bring some of the cute cards from the vendor to pass out. It will save me all this writing. I feel like an apostle, or something, and vapes have made travel a much easier and more interesting experience.

@dave

Travelling with an ecig is great isnt it?!?!?!? Just wait until you have a dreaded long haul flight! I frequently catch the United Airlines nonstop flight between Washington DC and Kuwait City as a passenger, and let me tell ya- Being able to vape contently for the 12-13 hour flight is just bliss!

Its great for hotels too like you said! Especially if you are at a larger chain and stuck on the 32nd floor!

With the travelling I do, I ran out to target and picked up a pack of those biz cards for your printer, and printed out a bunch of cards that have the forum add, and a few suppliers adds, as well as some reccomended models on them. I hand them out almost as fast as I print them up!

Safe Travels,
RIAFlight25

jasezero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2010
NJ
I did NJ (Newark) to San Fran, next day San Fran to Honolulu, then the entire trip back again in a 2 week period.

Never got questioned once with bringing my ecig supplies on the plane. I just kept everything separated in the box. Brought charger, atomizer, batteries, and a bunch of 3ml vials of liquid (all labeled, hand written), and a big bottle of juice.

Just put it in the scanner with all my other stuff in the box it came in (so it was marked e-cigarette).

That's my personal experience.

Glad I am not the only one who has experienced this liberation. I can relate to the Kuwait City flight- I frequently do LA-Dubai, or Bahrain, and other connections to the ME (Riyadh is not as smoker friendly as it used to be). Getting to China is no cake walk, either. And South Africa... now I can just focus on the normal hassles of air travel without the additional nightmare for smokers.

Yes, I am loving vapes.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I also had zero problems traveling from Philly to San Francisco through Las Vegas, and back to Philly through Denver. Flew on United on the trip out, and Frontier on the trip back. Had two Bartlebies, several 510 attys and batts, chargers and 6-10 mL bottles of juices, all in my carry-on backpack. No questions, no problems, no hold-ups, no having to explain, no nothing. Even stealth vaped on the planes and in the airport. To keep the need for frequent vaping down, I used 36 mg juice...way higher than I generally vape. With LED covered, couple lung hits with breath holding would hold me for a while and not have any exhaled clouds. Didn't really feel like explaining PVs to anyone, so I kept a low profile. At least for now, flying with PVs is smooth as silk. If states start banning use of PVs this, of course, may change. In my pre-vaping days, a couple nic lozenges would also be fine, but it was quite a pleasure to have my Bart for these long trips.

nouveau

Mar 21, 2010
North Carolina
Glad to hear it's still easy, even with international travel. I am travelling in about 6 weeks and hope to be able to have the same experience. Speaking of:

I asked this question a few days ago, but nobody responded. Maybe someone will see it here. :)

Does anyone have experience taking e-cigs and accessories into Moscow? Or know of someone here at ECF I can ask?

Thanks!

Eternityroad

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
You know what happened next... bartender asks, what is that thing? I explain. He says, oh, I thought it was a light for reading the menu, can I try it? Sure... next thing I know I am writing out the contact info for V4L and this forum again.

I am brand new to vaping and the convenience store I manage will be getting in starters and refills next month. I have found that since my initial enthusiasm about vaping I have become an ad man of sorts and an ambassador of good will, telling my customers who smoke and are trying to quit, telling my friends and demonstrating to interested parties who walk into my store when I am out on the floor. the companies should throw us a share of the profits! :laugh:

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread