Travelling soon, need a tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2012
prospect heights, IL
My fiance and I are going to Vegas in October to get married. I am currently using CE3s for vaping. Unfortunately she refuses to let me go through airport security with syringes. Therefore I need to get some sort of tank system. I know everyone raves about the Vivi Nova tank. My biggest beef with them is that even the 3.5mL tanks are extremely wide. Instead I was considering a DCT. I know both of these will mute the flavor compared to a CE3, but my question is which system mutes the flavor the least? A wick-based tank or a cartomizer-based tank? I also noticed that there are long and short wick tanks. Do the longer wicks mute more than the short wicks. The short wicks seem like you'd have to fidget with them a lot more once the juice gets below the wicks. Thanks.

edit: I am also using ego-C Twist batteries.

fatcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2012
prospect heights, IL
Thanks for the replies. I was doing some research yesterday and I did have my eye on the Kanger T2, and the 2.5mL Vivi Nova tank (not sure if it really a Vivi Nova, it says so at DiscountVapers though). I like the look of the Kanger T0, but it holds less liquid than the CE3. I do like how easily they can be rebuilt, too.

I may be looking to make this a permanent switch, too. Some things I noticed after four days of using my CE3s:

1. I seem to be coughing and clearing my throat almost as much as when I was smoking analogs! A couple of my juices are pretty high VG, and those seem really harsh going down my throat at anything above 3.2V.

2. One of my thicker juices, Bavarian Creme Filled Doughnut, just does not perform well at all. I tried the juice in a CE3 right out of the pack, and on another that I knew was performing perfectly, and it felt like I was sucking through a pinhole on both. I've read I can pull out the center tube a little bit to help with thicker juices, but honestly, I just want to fill and vape.

3. I can go through 1.5mL of juice pretty darn quickly if it's a great flavor like St. Louis Gooey Butter Cake.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I am using the eGo 2.4 ml CC clearomizer. They sell syringes for it, but I do not use it for mine. I find that the bottle can be squirted directly past the heater into the clearomizer with no ill effects whatsoever, and I am pretty sure they will work with the C-twist (I am using the T batteries).

As an aside, can't you just by a syringe at a Vegas drugstore once you land there and stay with your fave? I would think you could fill a couple of them up before you leave and they could carry you through, you toss out the new syringe when you leave town to head home? Just a thought.

By the way CONGRATULATIONS!

Last edited:

REET_AZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
The Vivi Nova Version 2.5 and the Vivi Nova Mini are really quite awesome. They have replaced every other tank, carto, atty I have - and I have a drawer full. No need for a syringe, great flavor, great vapor, no gurgling, and I have never had a dry hit.

Ease of use is great. IF you pop a coil, you can just replace the head and keep going. The heads are around $3 -4, small and lightweight and easy to keep a spare on you. I am still on my first coil/head in both the standard vivi and the mini after about 3-4 weeks. I have rinsed and dry-burned once for cleaning.

fatcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2012
prospect heights, IL
The Vivi Nova Version 2.5 and the Vivi Nova Mini are really quite awesome. They have replaced every other tank, carto, atty I have - and I have a drawer full. No need for a syringe, great flavor, great vapor, no gurgling, and I have never had a dry hit.

Ease of use is great. IF you pop a coil, you can just replace the head and keep going. The heads are around $3 -4, small and lightweight and easy to keep a spare on you. I am still on my first coil/head in both the standard vivi and the mini after about 3-4 weeks. I have rinsed and dry-burned once for cleaning.

Sounds good. Any issues with liquids of varying thickness? Do you use the long or short wick version?

Last edited:

JudeD

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
PA
I have both the Vivi Nova and the Vivi Nova Mini. I agree that both are winners with great clean taste and good vapor. One thing I question is plenty of room to bottle fill the Mini. I have to use a syringe to fill them. There just isn't enough room between the center post and the edge of the tank for me to fill directly from a bottle. That's just me, though. As for wicks, everyone is different and I'm confident some will disagree with me, but I think shorter wicks give a cleaner taste. I've tried both numerous times and I prefer the short ones.

fatcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2012
prospect heights, IL
I got my 2.5mL Mini Vivi Nova tanks in today. I opened up one and filled it with Tiramisu from Highbrow, and yeah, I like this a lot. Great flavor and as much or little vapor as I want. I especially chose this flavor to try out because it didn't perform well in my CE3s; it was almost flavorless. I wish I had bought more than just two, although how many do you really need? I was thinking 3 or 4, because I like to vape multiple flavors in a day. I'm tempted to switch over to these permanently because it seems like my CE3s have somehow made my Creme Brulee sweeter than what it really is, almost too sweet. But then again the bottle is almost one month old and that may be the effects of steeping. All in all, it has exceeded my expectations!

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
just keep in mind that with altitude changes so to does the pressure inside the tank and the increased pressure in the tank will force it to leak, even the best of them so keep it all the way full or empty or if your driving keep a eye on it

OKC>DTW>AMS>LIS>MAD>AMS>MSP>OKC last week, no problem/leaking at all with the Vivi Nova Mini.;)

VIVICarto.jpg

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
  • Deleted by Dusty_D
  • Reason: unregistered supplier associate

fatcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2012
prospect heights, IL
So far my experience with top coils has been less than stellar. I ordered two mini vivis, both long wicks; one constantly leaks where I insert the drip tip, and both of them mute the flavor. I tried a 312 clearomizer and it doesn't give enough vapor and inconsistent flavor. I tried a Kanger T2 with long wicks, but my juice might not have been of a good enough quality (Vapor4Life Waffle), and therefore tasted muted. I also tried a Kanger T0; complete epic fail, and a 3.5mL DCT with a 2ohm single coil cart; again muted flavor.

I'm basing my "muted flavor" assessment compared to the flavor I get out of CE3 bottom coil. If an atomizer is a 10 on flavor I rate the CE3 at a 9. I'm going to order some of the short wick cupped versions of the Kanger T2 heads to see if that makes a difference. Based upon my limited experience with top coils I really don't understand why so many people use them. Why vape muted flavor if you don't have to?

I have two more options I'm going to try:
1. CE4 XL Tankomizer.
2. Innokin iTaste VV² Tidy 10 510 Clearmizer.

If neither of those, nor the cupped short wick Kanger T2 heads perform similarly to a CE3, I think I'm just going to buy like 6 packs of CE3s and fill them up before I go. My only concern with that is what is the likeliness of them leaking during the flight, and how much will they leak? Does anyone have experience with taking pre-filled CE3s on a plane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread