• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Travelling to Singapore and bringing my gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fajar

Mar 27, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
Hello there! I'm from Jakarta and I wanted to ask about bringing vape gear to SG, since I will be stopping by there (and staying for a day) on my way back home. I've already read the sticky thread regarding bringing vape gear when visiting SG. "Any "sales, distribution and importation" will result in a fine of up to S$5000 upon conviction and S$10000 for subsequent convictions."
If I were to only bring 1 mod, 2 tanks, only 1 botol of juice, would I still risk in being fined? I mean, getting them confiscated is one thing, but getting fined $5000 is a whole different level. If I do only get left off with a warning, will it be possible for to not have to dispose my gear? I know i'm really pulling my luck here.

Thanks for any advice given :D

And I apologize if my thread is somewhat sensitive towards SG vapers. I've read your posts regarding the struggles to being able to keep on vaping. I really don't wanna put any more unneeded pressure, so if my thread is heading towards that direction, by all means please take it down :)

Karstine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2015
As what the other have said, there's is no concrete rule of thumb. The law have been made more severe. Liable to a fine of up to $10,000 and/or a maximum jail term of six months. (Not up to $5000 anymore) Subsequent convictions will double the initial penalties.

That been said, if you are lucky you won't get caught but if you are unlucky then

1. Your gear will CONFIRM be confiscated
2. Your punishment might vary from just a warning to the maximum.

So you have to take your own risk. @Fajar

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
Hello there! I'm from Jakarta and I wanted to ask about bringing vape gear to SG, since I will be stopping by there (and staying for a day) on my way back home. I've already read the sticky thread regarding bringing vape gear when visiting SG. "Any "sales, distribution and importation" will result in a fine of up to S$5000 upon conviction and S$10000 for subsequent convictions."
If I were to only bring 1 mod, 2 tanks, only 1 botol of juice, would I still risk in being fined? I mean, getting them confiscated is one thing, but getting fined $5000 is a whole different level. If I do only get left off with a warning, will it be possible for to not have to dispose my gear? I know i'm really pulling my luck here.

Thanks for any advice given :D

And I apologize if my thread is somewhat sensitive towards SG vapers. I've read your posts regarding the struggles to being able to keep on vaping. I really don't wanna put any more unneeded pressure, so if my thread is heading towards that direction, by all means please take it down :)

You've got mail.

Fajar

Mar 27, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
If u feign ignorance u might get away with a warning. But u will lose your gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I can increase my chances of getting off with a warning by pretending not to know about the regulations of vape? Will try! thanks! :D

It depends on the time of the year, like international events. Highly advise against bringing expensive gears.
By that do you mean like during international events the become super suspicious and check everything? Or is the it the other way around? I'm planning stopping by this month.

As what the other have said, there's is no concrete rule of thumb. The law have been made more severe. Liable to a fine of up to $10,000 and/or a maximum jail term of six months. (Not up to $5000 anymore) Subsequent convictions will double the initial penalties.

That been said, if you are lucky you won't get caught but if you are unlucky then

1. Your gear will CONFIRM be confiscated
2. Your punishment might vary from just a warning to the maximum.

So you have to take your own risk. @Fajar
They updated the law??? :confused:
Have there been any incidents where foreign travelers were actually fined for bringing their vape gear?

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
Have there been any incidents where foreign travelers were actually fined for bringing their vape gear?

I don't think it's reported, unless the guy was smuggling in tens of thousands of vape gear... or they were busting a vape trafficking ring.

So are there incidents? Of course. Members here have reported this happening to them.
Announced to the public? Nah, likely just binned and quietly taken away.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
The bottom line - same as with any country that has restrictions or bans: when traveling don't try to bring anything in with you that will make you cry if you lose it. From what has been reported Mexico is pretty much the same deal - might get lucky, might get confiscated. I wouldn't feel bad about losing an eGo Twist to Customs - but I would be crazy to bring a Reo Grand or two based on the hopes I might get lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread