Travelling to Singapore soon, tips needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasevicious

Jul 28, 2012
Italy
Hey all fellow vapers!!

I'll be travelling to Singapore very soon with my wife, and I've read that the Singapore customs has become rather strict in terms of allowing importation of PVs. Any tips on how I could get past the airport security checks without having my PV or e-juice confiscated? Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks a million!!!

pir123

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2012
Massachusetts
I have no first-hand knowledge, and am not an expert by any means, but I do see that e-cigs are illegal in Singapore, and would not recommend trying to bring one with you. They take security and their laws VERY seriously. I don't know what the penalties would be, but getting arrested or having your trip spoiled by a run-in with the authorities seems not worth it. I'd look into the legal status of snus/snuff in Singapore, and if those are legal, that may be an alternative, or perhaps some other form of NRT, or even (if you're going to be there for only a short time) cigarettes. While there may be a health-risk from smoking for a week or two, there's certainly also a health-risk in the stress induced by worrying about getting arrested/detained.

kalifornia

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
santa rosa, california
Im going to sing and thailand dec. Im taking the bare minimum with me, one carto one battery, im gonna put juice in small eye/contact lense containers. maybe the battery with a few other AA batteries next to a camera or computer (carry on) the carto Ill put next to power cord a electric shaver or something electronic. If anyone ask questions I didn't realize they are banned.

WhiteClouds

Aug 15, 2012
Romania
Electronic cigarettes are prohibited under Section 16 of the Tobacco (Control of Advertisements and Sale) Act (Chapter 309), which states that:

"No person shall import, distribute, sell or offer for sale any confectionery or other food product or any toy or other article that is designed to resemble a tobacco product or the packaging of which is designed to resemble the packaging commonly associated with tobacco products.

The offence is punishable, on conviction, with a fine not exceeding $5,000 and in the case of a second or subsequent conviction, with a fine not exceeding $10,000.

Please refrain from bringing the said product into Singapore."

You could always argue that since it is your own and for your own personal use your are not really importing. You don't pay import tax on the clothes you bring, because you are not importing, thy are you own and for your own personal use.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Hey all fellow vapers!!

I'll be travelling to Singapore very soon with my wife, and I've read that the Singapore customs has become rather strict in terms of allowing importation of PVs. Any tips on how I could get past the airport security checks without having my PV or e-juice confiscated? Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks a million!!!

As others have mentioned, try the SG forum for better answers. But, I know of several people vaping in Singapore with huge expensive PV's (I see them on another furum I belong to) so just be prudent. If it was me, I would only take mini types, like 808's for eg. And mix them in my pencil case that is always in my hand luggage. I would take a few and spread them around in different parts of my luggage. I would take small bottles of juice in my carry on 'liquids zip lock bag', and some mixed with my toiletries. I think it is VERY unlikely that customs will bother to search your luggage for mini ecigs and confiscate a foreigner's stuff!

SuziesMom

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
NY
I think I'd bring something that doesn't look anything like a cigarette. The way the law reads it almost seems like you could get away with some sort of a mod, and they're far less detectable on a casual glance at an airport.

ETA- the still cane people there...it's a fine fine fine city.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caning_in_Singapore

Last edited:

Brigit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2012
Home
I have been wondering lately...isn't it possible to make a flashligt with a 510-connection?
Or rebuild a RDA with a clearo-tank with some leds inside...

No jokes...I don't know if I would risk it.
Like someone said before, it could ruine your stay completely.
Ask yourself if it's worth it...
But have a nice time!

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
A friend of a friend went to SG last week and what he did was put some small NON LOGO batts+ charger in his laptop bag and his juice he put into cosmetic bottles in his wife's cosmetic bag. He left his large PVs at home. Also left his laptop charger at home and borrowed one from the Hotel they were staying at. Some other things he did but would rather not mention.

Edstasic

Jun 16, 2010
Mexico
Taking something that doestn resembles an analog might be a good idea, maybe modding a flashlight like Brigit said, you would mod it (or have it modded) so as you could have a LED head with a 510 connection, and have it assembled that way, so when you pass through customs youll just show a flashlight, the attys are difficult tho, maybe inside pens? or if you have a rebuildable just have it dissasembled in a small bag mixed with miscelaneus electrical stuff, 18650 batteries, etc, juices with no labels in wifes stuff, good idea, good luck.

zidakano

Sep 11, 2011
The Internet
Parkes Vaping
they have a handful of cheap modded flashlights maybe they still have the lens end of the mods as well as they replace those with a custom fitting which has a switch and connection for your atty. If you were to have it put together like a flashlight and have the rest of your stuff put in a pencil case with pens/pencils you could probably do it but I just don't think I would risk it. Breaking the law by trying to circumvent it puts you in a bad place when you have to talk your way out of it. Just try telling a police officer in the US about your collection of "flower vases" and see what they think about them lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread