Tribeca by Halo recipe officially changed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Old Phil

Verified Member
Aug 29, 2012
France
Hello, I have been vaping Halo's Tribeca for over 3 years now, and in the last two bottle I bought I noticed a change not only in packaging but also in colour, odour and most importantly, taste.

Here is a picture of what the new Tribeca looks like (left and center), pale and with less taste/smell and the old one to the right which is a stronger yellow.

Abashed I contacted their customer support online. After denying any change in the recipe several times they finally acknowledge they altered their recipe to a high PV base:

January 24th, 2016, 01:39 PM - Halo Customer Support ;

Hello, Philippe!

Thank you for your patience. Our Quality Control team has confirmed that all of these bottles tested within the normal paremeters and no other inquiries were made into this batch. Testing also revelaed that these two bottles of which you are referring to are our new V-Type bottles. This Tribeca is a different mixture than the other Tribeca you have used in the past. We have a High VG Tribeca, which is what you are currently using. The Standard Tribeca is what you have used in the past which is why it seems the flavor has completely changed.

All e-liquid blends contain two basic ingredients; Vegetable Glycerin (VG) and Propylene Glycol (PG). The ratio depends on personal preferences based off the “throat hit”, consistency and/or vapor production you are looking for.

VG is a thick, heavy and sweet tasting liquid that creates a smooth lung hit and large amounts of vapor production.

In comparison, PG is a very thin liquid which does not alter the flavoring, and is what creates the “throat hit“, which is what many users look for when first transitioning to an electronic cigarette.

This would explain the difference between what you've been using before and what you are using now.

I hope this helps!

If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Thank you,
Halo Customer Service

If you are a Tribeca vaper like me and don't like the new flavor please do contact their customer support, they pretend I'm the only one to notice the change!

Contact Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread