Tried dripping, not impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyMoon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
United States
I've heard so many folks say how dripping tastes so much better than cartos/tanks so I finally got around to trying it. Got a decent atty, gave it a try and was sadly disappointed. I didn't think it tasted any better than my carto tank.

I had an idea though, I'll keep it around for those times I need a higher nic fix, use it just for that since I don't want a tank full of juice sitting around that I won't use much.

For me, my little bolt, a 3.7v battery and my carto tank keep this vaper happy.:)

LKnives

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Madison, WI
www.twitch.tv
I have an Ikenvape SR (2.5ohm) Cannon that I positively love for dripping. My main thing with it though is I don't drip as my primary way for getting nicotine, I do it mainly to sample new juices. Do I personally think the flavour with dripping is superior to my collection of clearomizers? Not really but it's perfectly on par. It's just nice to sit back at home and drip some new flavours to see if I like 'em.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Try a 306 dripper atty. The bridge is exposed and you fit a drip tip over it. Pop the drip tip off and wash it under a hot water faucet, then shake it dry and dry burn it until you can see a cherry red glow on the coil. Pop the drip tip back on and add a couple to 3 drops through the drip tip mouth.

306andDripTIP.jpg

geofxc

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2012
Michigan
Dripping RBA's are a whole different animal imo. I don't like dripping every 5-6 puffs at all. Yes, when I have dripped into a regular atty (510, 808d) it seemed to produce massive clouds with knock-down throat hit and wonderful flavor, but it is jst to inconvenient for me. With the phoenix RBA, I only drip every half hour or so. It's my happy place :)

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
How are you guys getting the atty clear between different flavors?

I soak the atty in 91% Isopropyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol - think Walmart) for about 5 minutes. Pick up the atty up so there is alcohol inside and allow the alcohol to run out the battery connection end.

Repeat until the alcohol 'streams' out the battery connection end.

Set aside and allow to completely dry. Usually overnight.
Alcohol evaporates. The higher the percentage of alcohol, the faster it will evaporate.

After dry, I drop in a few drops of pg then blow out the atty.
All done and good to go. ymmv

PS - have you looked into RDA's (rebuildable dripping atomizers)?
I use and enjoy that dripping method too.

Last edited:

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
I tried dripping and it made a big mess on the battery as it leaked all over.

Without observing your dripping technique, I would guess you put in too much juice.
When you first start a dripping atty, drip 3 or 4 drips into the atty.
Vape, until the taste starts to change.
Allow atty to cool for a bit, (dripping on a hot atty will have the juice run right out the bottom.

Now add a couple more drops onto your cool atty. Please keep it at two drops.
Vape
Cool atty
Drip two drips
Vape
Continue
===============

NOTE: Dripping is best done on a sealed battery. A manual battery usually works best.

Auto batteries are not sealed. They need to be open so they sense your breath so they know when to activate.

Hope this helps a little.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
if you don't like the mess of dripping and become impatient with leaks due to over dripping, but enjoy the testing of juices you should try adding a drip shield to your set up.
here is a vid to watch to give you an idea of what they do:

part 2 next post

Skip through and you'll get the idea!
the original ones can be found at empiremods and copies can be found a lot of places. Google drip shields or drip guards.

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
The advantage of dripping is the juice goes directly to the coil, as opposed to tanks and the like, where it gets wicked to the coil, or cartomizers where you have the filler and then the cardboard inside.

When I first tried the boges... at first I felt they were as good as dripping... maybe better. But, this was when the carto was new. After you use it for a while the flavoring tends to clog up the filler and cardboard in the carto and then the taste goes down and down to the point where it is time to throw the carto out. You don't have this problem with dripping. With cartos, you also have the underlying 'cardboard' taste, at least with the very popular boges.

With tanks, clearomizers and the like.... you have the wick and, same thing from my experience. Over time the juice gets clogged in the wick and the taste goes down.

The main problem I have had with dripping... is over time the juice develops a 'scab' on the coil of the atomizer... but I recently learned how to clean this off... by dry burning and also using an ultra-sound cleaner (this is no big deal... the main way to clean atties is the dry burning.. and there are youtube videos out there demonstrating this).

Avid Vaper (Cisco) has a nice lineup of atomizers... I prefer the debridged 306es... and there are other vendors out there... EmpireMods, Ikenvape, etc, that a lot of people have had good experience with.

If you use 306es (which are easier to clean because the coil is right there for you to see), and use dry burning, etc, to clean them, then you have no need for an RBA... as you can use your atties over and over.

But, the big caveat here... is what is good for one person is not necessarily whats good for another person... and with vaping... IMO this addage holds to the extreme.

So, I guess, for some dripping goes well with them... but for others... not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread